Unlimited access >

Osteomax? Anyone tried it?

There are a ton of threads on Gut-X and the helpfulness (or not) for stomach relief. Has anyone tried their joint supplement Osteo-Max?

I have one on Gut-X for excess fecal water and it has definitely helped. I have another one rehabbing from a not-pinned-down right hind issue and keep seeing ads for Osteo-Max. I’d rather get real life reviews, not just reviews published by the manufacturer before I give it a try.

1 Like

a little late - but I just finished a 30 day course of Oseteomax - my horse sprained a tendon. I thought initially he had a hoof abscess when he was sound one day and very lame the next day, So I was soaking/poulticing the hoof and fetlock for 2 weeks then went to the vet. He had strained the DDF and Lateral Flexor tendon as seen on the ultrasound. Over the 2 weeks he was less lame, only a 1/5 on the circle but still showing swelling. Ordered Osteomax - my horse is much better - still need a follow up up ultrasound. my horse may have gotten better without the supplement, but the horse is definitely sound now and very little inflammation at that tendon. HA certainly would be helpful so I ordered another round - Starting to ride him at a walk for 30 minutes. its his hind left leg - just being very conservative as I don’t want to go too fast and end up with a tear of the tendons.

Did you end up trying this? I’m considering it for my 20 year old QH gelding with PPID (Cushings) that the vet says has bone changes in his feet after a laminitis episode (no rotation). Vet said short-term he’ll be fine, but will probably start having problems as time goes on.

Any updates on OsteoMax feedback?

Good/bad?

I had mixed results with Gut-X (one horse helped, other horse is back to Relyne GI) but the Osteomax sounds interesting.

Any updates from anyone? The ingredients seem pretty straightforward and my horse already gets that amount of HA and silica, so I’m not sure if this is really worth the extra money. (We’re rehabbing a suspensory tear.)

I put my 24 year old Thoroughbred with navicular and my 18 year old Paint with fibrotic myopathy on OsteoMax after having good results with GutX for a couple of other horses.

The TB is no longer lying down for 5 or 6 naps a day like he was, and he has been sound (knock on wood) without any other treatment besides his front shoes. He gives riding lessons and used to be sore the week before his trim/reset, but is now totally sound right up to that and without any pain meds or osphos injections. He has been on it since I think May? The Paint has shown improvement in increased playfulness, overall soundness, and, oddly enough, reduced sensitivity to being brushed under his belly.

Because of the success I have with this company’s supplements, I have just put my 28 year old Saddlebred with Cushings and other things in their newest supplement, RegenX, to see if he can build some more muscle. And my 18 year old OTTB as well, to build topline. It has been maybe a month so far, and they both seem just a bit better. We shall see how that progresses.

1 Like

I tried it on my coffin bone infection horse to see if it would help her be sounder/ less lame (and partly because I’m desperate to see if anything will help). She ran out last week and I don’t plan on ordering more. I didn’t notice any difference at all but do like and use GutX.

Honestly, the ingredients in Osteomax are quite underwhelming. What about just a good all around joint supplement from MVP, Cosequin or Uckele?

1 Like

I am using OsteoMax for a 27 year old with arthritis and Navicular syndrome for 3 months so far. However, I am working with a vet and using Pantisan and shock wave. Slow progress. I am just sharing with OsteoMax, each pump contains 5,000 iu of Vit D. Loading dose require 2 pumps, 10000 iu. No one asks if you are currently feeding a supplement that contains Vit D, which I am. Vit D is not water soluble and it does take an excessive amount per horse weight for toxicity. Just be aware and do your research so you do not overload on Vit D.

1 Like

I have had a few boarders on it. Not impressed with the results, and as a BO I absolutely hate feeding liquid supplements. Especially ones that leak from the pump like this one. My supp shelf is covered in stick gross goo that is going to take a while to get off.

My personal horse is on Cosequin ASU pelleted.

We put several horses in our barn on it, starting in late January. My expectations were very low. The three horses are between 16 and 23 years old. For one of the horses, we have a solid success story: my 16 year old TB that has been chronically mildly lame for over 10 years (with $$$ spent on inconclusive diagnostics and tons of treatments - Adequan, PRP, Equioxx, Osphos - and spendy shoeing approaches to no avail). To my surprise, he has become sound for moderate riding and is happily being used for W-T-C lessons 4 days a week since March. Nothing else was changed in his shoeing or routine, and he isn’t on any other supplements or meds - the OsteoMax was the only change, and for him it’s worked really well. My 23 year old appendix mare also appears to be moving more comfortably - she was sound but has some arthritis and had been moving stiffly. The third horse we’ve seen no noticeable difference or improvement. So it definitely works for some horses, and could be worth trying.

4 Likes

The tops of applesauce pouches (kids single serve) work great at stopping the drips.

1 Like