Unlimited access >

OTTB outside in the cold

Thanks all for the tips. My set up doesn’t allow me to give her hay on her own so she is sharing two round bales in nets with three other horses. She is extremely passive but over the last couple of months I notice that she is spending more time at the bales and she seems to be more relaxed in general so that’s good. She is very well blanketed.

Jealousshe, I will look into the feeds you’re suggesting and I’ll also read up about boiled barley. Thanks again everyone!

2 Likes

Check out Brooks Fibre O Plus - it’s got beet pulp, flax and rice bran as major ingredients. I switched my older horse to Fibre O Plus from Fit &Fibre (pound for pound) and then got the weight gain. He had maintained his weight well on Fit & Fibre for a couple of years until this summer.

I just looked at the analysis of that Brooks feed and it looks good. I’ve heard great things about other Brooks feeds so I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

I tried your suggestion of adding the oil with the water and it worked perfectly. Thanks so much!!

1 Like