Unlimited access >

OTTB Pedigree

Curious to hear from the pedigree experts and amateurs. I find it so interesting! What are you thoughts on this mares pedigree for eventing and performance?

https://www.pedigreequery.com/baila+morena7

sorry, I’m not helpful other than the racing side, but her dam is a full sister to champion Banshee Breeze, and her other daughter (your mare’s 1/2 sis) produced a good G1-placed filly named Mended who was ranked #1 by wins in 2017 (10 in a row!)

She’s by Dialed In, who has become quite a handy sire and really moves up his mares.

1 Like

PS … let me know if she doesn’t work out for you. I like this mare’s pedigree!

haha I snatched her up quickly. I’ll keep you in mind if she doesn’t want to event. :wink:

1 Like

I’m not much help apart from racing, either.

Another fun fact: the one eyed KY Derby contender, Patch, also came from this family. He got a lot of press when he was running and retired to Old Friends.

This mare is from a pretty productive family. Shows how competitive the market is for broodmares these days.

Also, I don’t know much about Known Fact, but he was a notably good looking horse in his pictures.

In Reality shows up favorably in show hunter and sport horse pedigrees. Fappiano is known to have thrown good jumpers…he goes back to Mahmoud on his dam’s side.