Unlimited access >

OTTB resellers on the west coast

Does anyone know if any reputable OTTB resellers on the west coast? I’m currently shopping for an eventing prospect and the Benchmark thread was so dangerous for me. I’m seriously considering buying off video or arranging a trip back east. Before I do that, does anyone know of any programs on the west coast where I could go and see 5+ quality prospects at once?

Fresh Start Sporthorses used to have some good ones, but still not on par with Benchmark. I am also on the west coast and I will most likely be shopping with Benchmark, Jen Ruberto, or Brit Vegas Gengenbach next time I’m in the market. I just haven’t found anyone with the same setup on this coast.

4 Likes

Have you reached out to Hidden Fox Farms? Even if she doesn’t have anything she would probably know where to point you.

1 Like

Contact Sarah at Equine Racers. She has new ones coming in all the time. They tend to move quickly. She is very knowledgeable and reputable. I’ve lost count of how many my trainer has sourced from her but there are at least 6 currently at my barn, all am friendly and honestly represented…

http://www.equineracers.com/

2 Likes

Not sure where you are exactly, but Reciprocity Thoroughbreds is in AZ I think. I don’t know them personally, but they seem well respected, go to the RRP and care about the horses. I live in CA and ended up going out to Benchmark since I was in the area and I liked them a lot. I ended up buying off a video from Jen Ruberto and am really pleased with the horse I got. It’s not for everyone that’s for sure. In addition to equine racers, look at canter ca and GGF since they will be closing. Good luck!

Actually they are in Aledo Texas.

Good people for sure.

Em

2 Likes

Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance seems to have a number of west coast organizations on its website.

Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance Accredited Organizations - Thoroughbred Aftercare AllianceThoroughbred Aftercare Alliance