Unlimited access >

Ouch! Embarrassing question for male riders

Let’s see… Don’t know if they have it for young sizes, but “under armor” brand works well. At 6 though, it may be more… Hmm… The way things are positioned as there probably isn’t an issue of mass.

Um, there is no delicate way to say it. When I dress for riding, I lift the All the bits forward and up and pull the skivvies up snug. I occasionally still hit on a rough transition but nothing painful. That’s just part of being a boy, I’ve nailed then on the motorcycle tank too. Oops.

“Hockey jock” also good(no cup though, cup BAD) but UA better.

Best of luck to him, and I hope he sticks with it:)

actually the male anatomy has a built in mechanism which should soon be a natural protection for your son. :cool: without getting gross, think of how his scrotum shrivels when he hits cold water ( shrinkage lol) . it is an immediate natural protection, autonomic and impossible to suppress.

i always made it a point of telling male students ( and their parents first that i was going to do so) that they should feel free to stop and leave to “adjust” if they felt the need. ditto for young ladies who might be having problems, which isn’t as uncommon as one might think, especially with the yucky new floss underwear.:no:

my father played high goal polo and was a whip on our hunt and never wore anything but his old fashioned boxers.

i do suggest that you borrow an appropriately fitting saddle if you Want your boy to ride. an ill fitting saddle will force him into a bad position and make it nearly impossible for him to perform well.

[QUOTE=kayteedee;5449289]
Hi,

My little boy wants to ride but he is finding it a bit uncomfortable so far. How do you male riders deal with your “family jewels” when you are riding?

His “tightie whitie” undies aren’t cutting it so far. Do I need to buy him a size down? Or are there any other special tidbits of advice you may have? Seriously, any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You will get a hundred different ideas and all of them are worthless other than the saddle must be large enough.

There was a video posted not long ago of a guy riding a horse bareback over a course that looked like a 3’6’ hunter course.

He rode bareback in the nude. And I mean nude.

Which proves my point.

When your son becomes properly balanced and secure, his problem will cease.

I have ridden in about all sorts of clothes and it makes absolutely no difference.

Boxers in the summer, two pairs of underwear, boxers over longs in the winter are what I settled on years ago ans still wear.

A secure seat cures all problems.

CSSJR

I referred people over to this by calling it the male Inverness issue. Maybe we need to have a new term for this one. The Little Kateedee problem? :wink:

I have had to ask around for students of mine (not a problem I ever considered before teaching I have to say!) and it seems that doubling up on the tightie whities will help, as will bike shorts.

[QUOTE=cssutton;5450293]
You will get a hundred different ideas and all of them are worthless other than the saddle must be large enough.

There was a video posted not long ago of a guy riding a horse bareback over a course that looked like a 3’6’ hunter course.

He rode bareback in the nude. And I mean nude.

Which proves my point.

When your son becomes properly balanced and secure, his problem will cease.

I have ridden in about all sorts of clothes and it makes absolutely no difference.

Boxers in the summer, two pairs of underwear, boxers over longs in the winter are what I settled on years ago ans still wear.

A secure seat cures all problems.

CSSJR[/QUOTE]

Lol… I posted that :D:winkgrin:

If you still have the link, it might be of interest here. It certainly proves my point.

He certainly did not have anything to control, protect or secure his equipment.

As I remember, there was a pretty good sized oxer on that course.

Any spread fence would make my point. Or his.

CSSJR

[QUOTE=cssutton;5450486]
If you still have the link, it might be of interest here. It certainly proves my point.

He certainly did not have anything to control, protect or secure his equipment.

As I remember, there was a pretty good sized oxer on that course.

Any spread fence would make my point. Or his.

CSSJR[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmkSTUDc1Ek

And if you want music to go with it, the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMoYCPDwQ40

Pretty much as I remembered it.

Now just to show you what clothing items are really important…He did wear his helmet.

So bottom line; Wear a helmet and be sure the foot wear and the stirrup size are correct, and the clips are turnred down to prevent getting dragged…and the rest is optional.

CSSJR

I really admire that guy’s seat.

[QUOTE=SnicklefritzG;5450495]
And if you want music to go with it, the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMoYCPDwQ40[/QUOTE]

YES! Thank you! I’ve been searching for the one with music forever

Having five boys, all of them rode at one point or another and the only one that complained was the sixth boy (my hubby).

My friend and I were laughing so hard one night - - my hubby was having issues cantering - so my friend had one of those sheep skin seat covers and she gave it to him and we called it a Nad-Pad…

It did help him… :lol:

What a nice seat. :wink:

Yesterday we just hoisted things up a bit as recommended by Belg and it worked fine. He’s not trotting yet though! But riding alone at the walk with lots of Simon Says stretching and balance exercises. He can steer my TB with his eyes and his hands on his hips.

He wants to trot so I’ll take that as a good sign.