Unlimited access >

Out of My League or Perfect Timing? Getting a Horse

Thank you so much for everyone’s posts. I took a lot of everyone’s advice before I went any further.
I reached out to the owner first and got some more information. He’s been ridden a few times a week but not always consistently. Good in the ring or on the trails, never bucked while ridden but can be spooky. Then I took all that information to the barn with me to talk things over.
Honestly I needed that day to just be back at the barn and walk around. My first day there without my guy being in his stall or field was rough. But most importantly I have been riding again! Hacking some of the barns horses, even a horse who decided bucking and cantering go together. My legs aren’t quite up to snuff but that’ll come with more rides.
Unfortunately I contacted the owner again after my first ride, once everything clicked again and I felt comfortable, and he already sold.
I tried to keep my excitement in check til after I rode, but honestly I got a bit excited again when i was given the green light to at least go contact the owner and check him out. But as someone said, it wasn’t meant to be.
It’s amazing how quickly one can get hooked again. I want to go out everyday now, too bad there isn’t always anyone available everyday.

2 Likes