Hi there - long time lurker, first time poster.
I currently live in Philadelphia and board my horse outside the city, but I am not happy with his current situation so I want to relocate him once this COVID stuff dies down. I was hoping you guys could give me some references to specific barns as most of my local connections are tied to my current barn.
Here’s my “must have” list for one young, well mannered gelding:
- Must be within ~1 hour of Philadelphia in either Pennsylvania or New Jersey
- Must have indoor and outdoor arenas, ideally with jumps in each
- Full care board (feeding, mucking, turn out, blanketing, assisting with vet/farrier/dentist visits)
- Ample turn out 8-12 hours/day
- Attentive, reliable staff
I come from an hunter/jumper background but wouldn’t mind being at an eventing or dressage facility as long as there are jumps. Onsite trainer and riding trails are a plus but not necessary. I could be happy at a more laid back stable or a very competition-focused barn.
I appreciate any recommendations (or warnings!) you guys have. Thank you!