Unlimited access >

PA Trail Rides.

This is a thread for everyone to post of group trail rides in Pennsylvania. You can also post if you need a riding buddy.

I saw in The Paper Horse: Conewago Trail Ride May 1, 2, 3 Fall Ride Sept 18-20th. It is in York County, PA.

I know nothing about the ride, I just saw it in the paper. There is contact info but I don’t want to put out their personal phone numbers and email. PM me for it if interested.

Looking for a riding budy !! currently have no horse, just recently moved to York/Harrisburg area and I am looking forward to meet new people and make new riding friends :slight_smile:

Why don’t you come to the ECTRA Chesapeake Fall Ride next weekend. The ride is at Fair Hill near Rising Sun, MD. Not very far from York, lots of PA and MD people will be there competing Fri-Sun. They always need more volunteers and it’s a great chance to meet trail riders. I am going to be there fri-sat to help out. I think you would have a good time, get to see a trail riding sport and meet people.

Bonnie

Someone posted a link to this Facebook group in another thread:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/303205183138874/

Paper chases and hunter trials.

And there is also this one for Chester County.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/493479227461024/

Also if you are on the west side of the state check out

MVTR - Mountain valley trail riders

and

MVHA Montour valley horseman’s association.

If anyone is in the SW corner my mom would like to have some slow/ moderate paced riding buddies and has spare horses for experienced people.

I’m in South East PA- outside of NE Philly. I’m always looking for buddies to ride with.

We should do a COTH Fair Hill ride while the footing is still decent.

[QUOTE=kcmel;8432950]
We should do a COTH Fair Hill ride while the footing is still decent.[/QUOTE]
That would be fun. I love Fair Hill.

I’m actually in New Jersey, but only about a half-hour South East of Philadelphia. So if anyone slightly south of Philly wants to go for a trail-ride I’d love a riding buddy- bonus if you have a husband who can jog alongside us with mine (who is not-so-horsey but definitely tries) :slight_smile:

Lancaster resident, here.

I would love to do a Fair Hill ride, or meet up with anyone to try to get a good trail ride or two in before the weather tanks… As long as I can get a new horse in time! I’m having one vetted on Tuesday. As long as he vets out, I’ll probably be bringing him home the weekend after Christmas! (Isn’t that what every girl wants? A pony for Christmas?) :smiley:

Since he’ll be brand new to me, I’m hoping someone can act as our “buddy” in the off chance something happens. He seems like a very sweet guy, and I understand he has lots of trail experience, so I don’t think there would be any issues. But it would be nice to know someone “has our back” just in case. :wink:

Every year that we go elk watching up in Benezete, there are tons of people trail riding. don’t know if it is organized ride or just groups of friends but may be worth researching. Beautiful country up there

[QUOTE=ClassyRide;8438608]
Lancaster resident, here.

I would love to do a Fair Hill ride, or meet up with anyone to try to get a good trail ride or two in before the weather tanks… As long as I can get a new horse in time! I’m having one vetted on Tuesday. As long as he vets out, I’ll probably be bringing him home the weekend after Christmas! (Isn’t that what every girl wants? A pony for Christmas?) :smiley:

Since he’ll be brand new to me, I’m hoping someone can act as our “buddy” in the off chance something happens. He seems like a very sweet guy, and I understand he has lots of trail experience, so I don’t think there would be any issues. But it would be nice to know someone “has our back” just in case. ;)[/QUOTE]

Good luck with the vetting! If the Fair Hill meet up doesn’t happen and you want to go out; I am very close to Unionville and have miles of trails if you want to trailer over here.

[QUOTE=kcmel;8439031]
Good luck with the vetting! If the Fair Hill meet up doesn’t happen and you want to go out; I am very close to Unionville and have miles of trails if you want to trailer over here.[/QUOTE]

That would be fantastic!! Thank you!! :smiley: I’ll PM if/when I get him home. :wink:

[QUOTE=copper1;8438633]
Every year that we go elk watching up in Benezete, there are tons of people trail riding. don’t know if it is organized ride or just groups of friends but may be worth researching. Beautiful country up there[/QUOTE]

Benezette is one of Pa’s BEST places to ride. Big Elk Lick campground caters to horsey people and they are wonderful.

[QUOTE=kcmel;8432950]
We should do a COTH Fair Hill ride while the footing is still decent.[/QUOTE]

I would be in for a Fair Hill ride!!! It’s always fun meeting fellow COTHers

I’m in Grantville with the Swatara and Stoney Valley close. I ride everyday … Open from noon till dark. Please be non-smokers, no dogs. Rides can range from 5 mi to 30mi depending on the condition of you and your horse. I ride English and a well mannered tb. Thanks.

LINK to PA TRAIL MAPS

Here is a link to PA Trail Maps by region

http://www.paequinedirectory.com/#!pa-trail-riding/cu8v