Unlimited access >

Pacific des Essarts SF Stallion

Does anyone have experience with Pacific des Essarts? I’m looking to breed my jumper mare this summer, with the intention of creating my next mount. She is endlessly talented and I’m not looking to change her size, scope, or build. I am, however, looking for an amateur-friendly brain in a stallion. Increasing her rideability and tolerance of flatwork is the goal. I’m barely 5’3” so I need to avoid the sort of ride that only works for 6’3” men.

No personal experience, although I really like him too. He always appeared to be very rideable himself. He has very few offspring, his US based foals are still very young, but he has a few in France. I watched some video of them and thought they all looked pleasant and rideable as well. I’ve had really good luck in the past reaching out to riders of horses by stallions I’ve been considering (and of the stallions themselves) through social media or websites and asking questions, as well as to the breeders of some of the horses too. Generally, I get really helpful responses and everyone is very willing to share information. I’d try reaching out to Laurant Guillet, who is jumping Bracadabra (http://www.laurent-guillet.fr/en/horses/bracadabra/), or Paul Delforge, who is jumping Allblack de Gressoux and appears to be active on Instagram, as a starting place perhaps. Both look like very nice rides on video.

What is your mare’s breeding?

1 Like

Thank you—great ideas. Here is my mare’s pedigree: https://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/2202045/lounetta-z
She is very talented and fun, but beyond catty and opinionated (and not afraid to use those against you when the human ideas are deemed annoying). I’m hoping to find a stallion who could add some ammy-friendly brains to the mix without changing much about her physically. I’m very interested in Pacific as well as KWPN stallion Utopie at the moment.

Her pedigree is lovely!

Thank you! She’s definitely the horse of a lifetime.

Hi there! If you’re not in it already, there is a Facebook group called Breeders of Showjumpers that is pretty active and has some knowledgeable folks in it. I’d try asking about this stallion there.