Unlimited access >

Paddock Boot Recommendation

Hi All! I’m looking for a good paddock boot recommendation. Or I may loose my happy home because my current ones smell pretty bad…LOL. I have always used Ariat Heritage III and loved them up till the last pair I got about 9 months ago. I hate them and therefore don’t wear them. They have been horrible to break in, hurt my feet and the leather feels and look sub par to what the previous ones were. I get a pair about 1x a year. I wear them all the time. Anyways looking for another good quality pair. Criteria is below:

• All leather
  • lace up
  • black or brown doesn’t matter
  • Under $150
  • Non insulated

I traded in my Ariat field boots a few years back for Mountain Horse and love them.

Thanks in advance!
Amy

Look into another pair of Ariats; they might fit you differently than the ones you have. I was not so wild about them until I got the Heritage in the “H2O” version. They have lasted forever. And still look great when I clean them up. Which is almost never.

I bought a pair of Tredstep Giottos on black friday that I like quite a bit. They zip in the back and have elastic stretch in the front. I replaced the elastic in the front with regular laces and now they fit very nicely. The leather is quite soft but seems sturdy. The low heel takes some adjustment, but it’s not too noticeable now. I wear them daily and they clean up nicely. I know you want lace-ups, but these are worth the switch.

OP, I buy the stock Dehner paddock boots. I have super narrow feet, and these are the only ones that come in narrow widths. The quality is fierce! Fantastic soles and leather. These will not fit your budget, :(, since they are a little over $200, but might make up for that by lasting longer.

If you can wait another month, Ariat is coming out with a lace version of their Heritage Breeze paddock. Super soft leather, no break-in time, priced around $130. I’ve had the zip ones since August and wear them to death, they still look nearly new.

[QUOTE=222orchids;8564353]
Look into another pair of Ariats; they might fit you differently than the ones you have. I was not so wild about them until I got the Heritage in the “H2O” version. They have lasted forever. And still look great when I clean them up. Which is almost never.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this. I was hoping the H2O version would hold up better than the default heritage boot, but they broke down just as quickly

My Ariats are comfortable but I have to buy a pair every year and a half because I wear them so much. If you’re okay with replacing them or keeping them away from dirty stalls and mud, highly recommend. If not, I would look into another brand.

I killed a pair of Blundstones in under two years, and they made my feet hurt every night. The Ariat H2O are super comfortable, and they don’t seem to be falling apart any faster than the Blundstones.

Once you purchase your new paddock boots invest in a boot dryer. It will help dry out the inside of your boots and lessen the bacteria that creates the smell. :slight_smile: Plus they should last longer.

It’s recommended that you have 2 pair of boots so you can allow them to dry between wearings but the boot dryer can help with that.

I love my boot dryer …but still haven’t found a brand of paddock boots that fit

I cannot wear any Ariat boot…they all hurt my feet in one way or another. I bought a pair of zippered paddock boots from Hadfields that I really like. They look a little like western boots with some fancy stitching…they are not the Hadfield brand. So far, I love them, even though I am not a fan of zippers.