Unlimited access >

Paddock boots

I saw that, which makes it look like it has a heel, but when you look at the bottom it looks like there is a slight arch on either side but no real heel.
I am just wondering if they are safe for riding, that is all.

They look very comfortable and the price is nice, so I am interested in them. That is why I am asking these crazy questions.

3 Likes

I think yours are sensible questions. :+1:
As much trouble as I’ve had recently trying to find suitable shoes and ordering them and returning them and looking some more I get what a pain it can be (no pun intended lol). And all I need is walking shoes. If I needed riding boots, at boot prices, I’d be stressing out even more!
Good luck in your hunt!

2 Likes

I used to love Rossi they are very affordable and comfortable and durable

Obviously they sold and the price went up :pensive:…. https://www.allingtons.com.au/rossi-womens-musk-endura-elastic-sided-boots-340-c

I have to say, as a riding instructor and former PC safety Nazi, I have concerns about those Duluth boots.

They look wonderful as barn boots, but I’m not sure I’m ok with them as riding boots, there’s just not enough of a defined heel.

My personal preferences for paddock boots are for lace or zip ups, I need the extra support. I think it’s why I’ve always liked Ariats, I really like the lateral foot bed support. YMMV.

6 Likes

Well, as Rackonteur has noted, there really isn’t much of a heel, so now that I think about it, the safety concerns are valid. They are wider than a fitted paddock boot, and there IS a heel, but I can’t say that they couldn’t go forward through a stirrup.

I am sorry if I recommended something that isn’t going to be a good riding boot! I really like these, but don’t ride in them and came at it with the barn boot lens. :confused:

5 Likes

They look wonderful, that is why I asked. They are a great recommendation for a barn boot if they will not work for a riding boot.

Thank you for clarifying what the heel is like.

4 Likes

I wear red wing work boots. They last forever and Red Wing will recondition and resole. This is the model I use. They last forever.

Me too @McGurk. And @FitToBeTied, at almost $300, they better last almost forever.

2 Likes

Here are a few pictures I took today. They aren’t much wider than my Mtn Horse Sovereign boots, which is one of the pictures. I did try them on with my friend’s half chaps and those slipped on over the boot just fine. I still don’t know if they have enough of a heel, but there is one there!

3 Likes

I bought a pair of slip on horze paddock boots from chicks for $25 (leather) and they are awesome. Comfortable, quality and I can’t believe I got them for that price. I haven’t had them long so can’t speak for longevity but I love them.

1 Like

Those boots with the big tread look great for mucking out but I’d never want that type of traction sole for a stirrup. I haven’t found any good paddock boots in a really long time. Now I just buy cheap, comfortable, waterproof boots for working and ride in my Cavallos.

3 Likes

After many years away from Ariat, I did pick up a pair of Ariat Kendall Pros last year and like them very much. They are sleeker in appearance and remind me of the Grand Prix paddock boots of yore.

1 Like