Unlimited access >

Pain in the hinny. Seat Saver? Need recommendations.

I ride 6+ days per week (1-3 horses per day), but I can’t seem to toughen up enough to not be in serious pain after a long trail ride or multiple rides. I’m in my mid 20’s, not overweight at all, very active, do all my own farm work, etc. I have two saddles and seem to get equally sore in both of them. Today I took my first horse on a 2 hour hack (mostly walk, trot), then tried to school my second horse on the flat. After about 20 minutes I realized I was going to be in serious pain. After my ride, my back, butt muscles, hips etc hurt so bad I could barely feed. Do you think a seat saver could help this problem?

I don’t think this is a seatsaver issue, but maybe it’s worth a try. I’d do some stretching exercises before and after, and then maybe consult with medical professionals.

I also don’t think this is a seat saver issue. I would venture to guess that it might be a saddle fit issue. Possibly too wide of a twist or just a poorly balanced saddle.

[QUOTE=yellowbritches;7435368]
I also don’t think this is a seat saver issue. I would venture to guess that it might be a saddle fit issue. Possibly too wide of a twist or just a poorly balanced saddle.[/QUOTE]

I will get pretty uncomfortable in both my Prestige and BdH, sometimes I trail ride Western and it’s the same thing.

Then I would think you may need to be stretching and or strengthening your hips and pelvis. Maybe you are just seriously tight in you abductors (??? I can never remember which is which). I don’t think a piece of fleece is going to help.

Well, if you do decide to try a seat saver, I have a Mattes sheepskin one that is awesome. I just want to wrap it around me and roll around in it :lol:. I got it practically brand new on eBay for less than half of retail.