para horseless riders?

Im thinking we need our own thread!

I’ll start.

Para rider looking for a horse, im not graded yet but probably a grade 3.

Ottawa ontario

Hey, you’ve got none other than Robert Dover on your side now:) He taught aparaequestrian clinic in New Jersey this weekend and apparently came away from it impressed by the skill level of our American riders but understanding they need higher quality horses to be competitive on the international stage, and put the word out for potential para horse onbhis blog!
http://doversworld.com/blog/2011/11/07/day-2-gladstone-para-dressage-clinic/

Dobt know how much help that will do, but it certainly can’t hurt!

Teddy, could you give a description of what grade 3 means? and what type of mount your are looking for (i.e., level trained, previous para experience required, size, height, etc. I have been told it is important to match all these very specific qualities with the horse and rider’s physical needs).

Teddy, I can’t help but bravo and bravo to you and others with issues making it difficult to ride. You’ve got grit, and I admire you!

[QUOTE=Bearskin;5948944]
Teddy, could you give a description of what grade 3 means? and what type of mount your are looking for (i.e., level trained, previous para experience required, size, height, etc. I have been told it is important to match all these very specific qualities with the horse and rider’s physical needs).[/QUOTE]

i have ra so my range of motion is somewhat half of a normail person, i also have bad balance issues and no depth perseption. I have done first level work, i like schoolmasters and acutally am comfortable with bigger moovers. Size of horse doesnt matter to me although i am fond of the tall ones!!

[QUOTE=moonriverfarm;5948997]
Teddy, I can’t help but br:lol:avo and bravo to you and others with issues making it difficult to ride. You’ve got grit, and I admire you![/QUOTE]

There is a option of not riding?:lol: i usually have a specific helper or if the horse is great no helper required. Finding the right tack helps too