Paraequestrian rider qualifications re shows

Hey everyone, I have been searching and can’t seem to find much info on how to register as a paraequestrian for horseshows and the guidelines/forms for eligibility. I know I’d have to register with Equine Canada but could not for the life of me find information/forms on their website and the email they gave did not work.

I just saw this forum on COTH and knew there may be someone to help me on here.

I am legally blind in one eye, am weaker on my left side and have really bad balance issues related to the visual impairment(I can lose my balance and fall over just standing) I have joint issues(cant say what yet because it hasnt been figured out yet).

Wondering If anyone can give me info or guide me into the right direction

Thanks

To clarify I guess I mean the FEI classification and how to get them?

How do I change the title of the thread to reflect this? I go to edit but cant change it…

To get the FEI classification there are usually opportunities at an international show to have it done. There will be a show in Canada in May of 2010. Riders competing at the show are classified first then anyone else who wants to be classified are done.

You have to contact the organizers of the show to let them know that you want to be classified.

http://www.fei.org/Search_Centre/Calendar/Pages/ShowDetail.aspx?p=91388796BB71F5AC6145B77092899132

[QUOTE=Teddy;4458966]
To clarify I guess I mean the FEI classification and how to get them?

How do I change the title of the thread to reflect this? I go to edit but cant change it…[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you’re using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don’t hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.:frowning:

The best that go together.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Teddy;4460411]
Thanks![/QUOTE]

^^ good point. Glad I joined this forum already