If a 6-year-old horse has a consistent parasite burden of 500-700 EPG (McMaster’s I believe–not my horse) for a couple of years, would you expect that to significantly affect their Vitamin E levels?
I know that high parasite burdens can affect nutrient absorption and digestive function, but would you expect that at the levels mentioned?
Owner is working with vet to reduce parasites. Her boarding stable was over-deworming on a set rotational program in the past despite pulling regular fecals, and may have a bit of a resistance issue now. Quite a few horses are supposedly having the same problems. Pasture management is also being reconsidered I believe.