Unlimited access >

Parking times

How long did it take people this morning to get to the venue going down 9 and shuttles?

I hear that people waited 30 to 45 min for the shuttle. The drive to the venue was then another 30 minutes.

I had no wait getting on the shuttle there or back. Just walked on. Shuttle trip was probably 20 minutes.

From turning off 9 at 9 today, it was 1 hour and 40 minutes before we made it to our seats. Waited about an hour for the shuttle and then our driver got lost…

We had no wait either direction

About 8:30 this morning, had a 40 minute wait for the shuttle, then about a 20 minute drive. This does not count the looooong walk (uphill, on uneven ground) from the actual parking place to get to the shuttle.

Some of those wait times, considering how empty the stands were, doesn’t bode well for the busier days.

Hope they plan on adding more shuttles on the busier days.

1 Like

Anyone concerned about the viability of these large buses on that soft sandy track out of the Green Creek field if we get 5 inches of rain or more? Anyone discovered an alternative? Anyone tried uber or a local cab company?

Parking and the wait for the shuttle is horrible right now at 9am.

1 Like

After I left yesterday, a friend said two shuttles were stuck in the mud.

Eventing Nation just posted a video of the line up for shuttles…looks about a mile long :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry: Hope they are able to get the kinks worked out!!

We go next week for show jumping so I appreciate the updates on what to expect!

A friend posted on facebook that they used Uber and it was a breeze.

Does anyone know where Uber or other drop offs are supposed to drop you at? It looks like the road to get down to TIEC is closed by 74 so they can’t drop you right at the venue. I heard something about getting dropped off on the other side of 74 at the parking lot, but you can’t just walk across the highway bridge so is there a shuttle from there? Can I just get dropped off on Pea Ridge and walk down if I don’t cross the highway bridge ( which is supposedly illegal to cross on foot?)

Yes they have shuttles from the pea ridge (lot E). I believe you can walk over, I’m not sure of the path however

We’ve been arriving in the lot by around 8 and its been at max a 15 minute wait for a shuttle. That’s for the past 2 days of eventing dressage. We’ve waited at max 30-40 minutes in the afternoon when both eventing dressage and regular dressage got out at the same time. Its only been about a 5 minute time to get from off the shuttle and back on 9. We’ll see how cross country day goes tomorrow!

1 Like

Thursday I had zero wait to get on the shuttle but waited nearly 2 hours to get a shuttle back to the main lot. I could also see that lot turning into a complete disaster as soon as the rain starts. Today (Friday) we took one of the shuttle groups (Address: 5600 Pea Ridge Rd) and it was wonderful. They drove us over and we called when we were ready to go back and they came right over and picked us up. And it was only $5 more than WEG Main lot parking ($25). I will say they did seem to have a lot more shuttles ready today but we just weren’t willing to risk that wait again.

1 Like

Much better with the parking/shuttle situation today. I got there about 9, and although it was a hike to the shuttle, there was no wait. They seem to have figured out to load more than one bus at a time.

Directly after the last ride, I headed for the buses. There was a long line again today, but I was in the early part before it doubled back on itself. They were loading multiple buses at once again, and it was a total of 49 minutes from my seat in the stadium to my car door. Much better than the 40 minutes it took just for the line to get on to the bus on Wed morning. (I left early on Wed, so there was no wait for the shuttle back to parking.)

Today, they were parking everyone on the track instead of in the bowl at the parking area, and it seemed to work really well. There were guys in golf carts to give you a ride if you didn’t want to hike all the way.

1 Like