Unlimited access >

Parlanti Miami Boots from: JustRiding.com or PassionEurope.com?

Hello ! So I am looking to order a pair of Parlanti Miami boots, yes I’ve tried on a pair so I know my size and everything, but the prices on JustRiding.com or PassionEurope.com website are fabulous (even with the conversion from euro or pounds). Ignoring the import fees (as I have someone who has a residence in Europe and travels there and back often), on both of those website is $707 Canadian dollars.
Has anyone bought anything from these websites? Is the PassionEurope.com actually Parlantis website? What about JustRiding.com as I have been reading mixed reviews on them. Please let me know! Thank you!

I ordered a pair from justriding and they came quickly. I have nothing illuminating to say but the owner responded to emails and phone calls and I got the boots about as quickly as if I had ordered domestically. (to the US though)

I just bought a pair from Horsey Catherine’s (http://www.horseycatherine.com/)and they were shipped and arrived within 4 weeks of ordering them!

[QUOTE=Kat.;8580187]
I ordered a pair from justriding and they came quickly. I have nothing illuminating to say but the owner responded to emails and phone calls and I got the boots about as quickly as if I had ordered domestically. (to the US though)[/QUOTE]
I have ordered from just riding (2015) and Horsey catherines (2014) and both were good to deal with

I too, ordered a pair from Just Riding from their overstock list. I received the e-mail on a Tuesday, and replied right after getting it (within probably 10-15 minutes) and had a reply from Just Riding back within 5 minutes. By the time the hour was up, I had ordered a pair and had the PayPal invoice sent and paid for them. They shipped from Poland on a Wednesday and I got them in Canada on Monday, so I was very pleased!

I’ve ordered other things from Just Riding and they were prompt.

Just wondering, if you dont mind answering, what did you roughly pay in taxes / duties?

If you order through Europe, you have to pay to ship back for repair. Very expensive if something goes wrong. Savings can be great but there is some risk.
*Edited as there is now a warranty. We were told there was not one in the past. My apologies.

[QUOTE=ChagrinSaddlery;8644773]
If you order through Europe, there is no warranty. You are stuck if something goes wrong. Savings can be great but there is some risk.[/QUOTE]

I knew this was an American tack shop posting before I even saw the screen name.

Sorry, but I order from Europe often and have never had a problem. There is absolutely no way you are going to talk me into paying $399 for a pair of Pikeurs when I can get them for $179 at Classical Dressage all day long, with a better selection, too.

I tried supporting my local, America tack stores for too long, but the mark-ups are just insane.

I think many/all of these “companies” are different trade names of the SAME company. Not 100% sure but I think that’s the case.

[QUOTE=APirateLooksAtForty;8645645]
I knew this was an American tack shop posting before I even saw the screen name.

Sorry, but I order from Europe often and have never had a problem. There is absolutely no way you are going to talk me into paying $399 for a pair of Pikeurs when I can get them for $179 at Classical Dressage all day long, with a better selection, too.

I tried supporting my local, America tack stores for too long, but the mark-ups are just insane.[/QUOTE]
Proudly an American Tack Shop.
I am simply pointing out that if your boots break, you have no recourse.
So pay a bit less and have a zipper or zippers blow within 6 months…Folks usually aren’t thrilled when they have to pay for a new set, which isn’t cheap and would be covered under US Parlanti warranty
No argument here. Just pointing out something that should be considered. That’s all. Best wishes- CS

[QUOTE=ChagrinSaddlery;8644773]
If you order through Europe, there is no warranty. You are stuck if something goes wrong. Savings can be great but there is some risk.[/QUOTE]

This must have changed fairly recently because I bought mine from Europe and had warranty repairs done without issue.

I’d argue that the price difference is more than “a bit less,” its about half so you could buy a second pair and still come out ahead.

[QUOTE=blondiee_11;8644571]
Just wondering, if you dont mind answering, what did you roughly pay in taxes / duties?[/QUOTE]

In the US in 2014 zero. In 2015 with a Just Riding order I recall I paid around $60? If I need repairs (wore holes through the boot) I send to a great boot repair shop.

[QUOTE=blondiee_11;8644571]
Just wondering, if you dont mind answering, what did you roughly pay in taxes / duties?[/QUOTE]

I ordered in Nov 2014 to Canada, and I think I paid around $60 in duty. I also got mine for 200Euro ($381 CAD with shipping) from their “overstock” sale, so I got a pretty smoking deal!

[QUOTE=ChagrinSaddlery;8646284]
Proudly an American Tack Shop.
I am simply pointing out that if your boots break, you have no recourse.
So pay a bit less and have a zipper or zippers blow within 6 months…Folks usually aren’t thrilled when they have to pay for a new set, which isn’t cheap and would be covered under US Parlanti warranty
No argument here. Just pointing out something that should be considered. That’s all. Best wishes- CS[/QUOTE]

My local shoe cobbler installed heavy duty zippers for $45 and they were done in less than a week. Why would I send them to Parlanti even under warranty?