Unlimited access >

Parlanti Tall Boot Questions! Need some answers;)

So, I’m ordering a pair of Parlanti’s and I’ve got a few questions if you guys could answer please, that’d be great!!
(Sorry for another Parlanti Post)
Also, any general comments on them would be welcomed also!!:slight_smile:

1.) How long does the usual pair of Parlanti boots last?
(I’ve heard them lasting anywhere from 1-2 yrs riding 6 days a week 3-5 horses a day while others say they fall apart)

2.) I’m 5’6 and have a 45cm calf while standing, do you think the Extra-Tall or the Extra-Extra Tall height boot would be appropriate? (Which one)
–Also, anyone who’s on the taller side that has Parlanti’s–any comments on them?

3.) I’m a size 7 (one of the more common shoe sizes), do you think a size 37 or 38 would be better?
Does anyone know if Parlanti’s run big or small?

4.) What is the drop rate of the Parlanti boot?

How long they last depends on how you take care of them. If you always clean them, keep the leather nice, and use boot trees, and (most importantly if you want a lot of time out of them) only use them for showing, then probably longer than if you didn’t. I believe the off the rack boots are made using the easier to break in, softer leather, which I’ve only seen last people 6 months of riding 1-2 horses every day. My customs lasted like 4 months before I grew out of them, and even with the more “durable” (read: hell to break in) leather they were still more damaged then I would have expected, with decent care.

Mine dropped way more than I wanted them to, and that was with 2cm added because I like them really tall. The rep told me 1cm is the norm, I would probably do 2 or even 3cm if I went back to Parlanti (part of that is because there’s not much difference between my calf and back of knee so they didn’t have a place to settle, so if you have a larger calf then the 1-2cm would probably be fine).

Why don’t you ask the Parlanti rep who you recommended by name on a different thread (or two) and who’s service you are so happy with?

[QUOTE=skydy;7079896]
Why don’t you ask the Parlanti rep who you recommended by name on a different thread (or two) and who’s service you are so happy with?[/QUOTE]

What is it with these Parlanti threads? Every time I open one there’s something weird going on with the OP.

It is a feeble attempt to advertise by asking a Parlanti question and have another greenie answer. The OP has bumped up another old Parlanti thread as well.

This just keeps happening, and has made me so sick of the name and the sleazy tactics that I wouldn’t have the boots if you gave them to me.

Reported. I don’t understand why COTH allows this again and again and again…

I wanted a second opinion on the boots from those that have them. Why does being a “greenie” matter, I’m still a rider with questions. I wanted to hear from those who have the boot.
She isn’t a Parlanti rep, she is a carrier of the product. Carine Rawson-Fischer is a rep, not Andrea. Andrea is wonderful with customer service and she’s calling me back about the boots tomorrow so I thought meanwhile why not go on COTH and ask about them.
The forums are here for a reason even if they get posted over and over again; they’re to get responses from those experienced in the field and know what I’m talking about. I did not make this account to be accused as a “greenie” and to be reported.

Oh, brother.

You know the names of who is a rep, who is a distributor, you commented on threads in the past telling others how wonderful these people are. Yet you don’t know the simplest things about the boots like what height to get?

Honestly, if these were the last brand of boot in the universe, I’d wear cardboard boxes on my feet first.

[QUOTE=anyanicholson;7079837]
So, I’m ordering a pair of Parlanti’s and I’ve got a few questions if you guys could answer please, that’d be great!!
(Sorry for another Parlanti Post)
Also, any general comments on them would be welcomed also!!:slight_smile:

1.) How long does the usual pair of Parlanti boots last?
(I’ve heard them lasting anywhere from 1-2 yrs riding 6 days a week 3-5 horses a day while others say they fall apart)

2.) I’m 5’6 and have a 45cm calf while standing, do you think the Extra-Tall or the Extra-Extra Tall height boot would be appropriate? (Which one)
–Also, anyone who’s on the taller side that has Parlanti’s–any comments on them?

3.) I’m a size 7 (one of the more common shoe sizes), do you think a size 37 or 38 would be better?
Does anyone know if Parlanti’s run big or small?

4.) What is the drop rate of the Parlanti boot?[/QUOTE]

Instead of bashing Parlanti’s could you answer some of my questions by chance? You’re off topic from what the thread is asking.
Like I said before, I’m caught between sizes so either one is too tall or too short so I wanted a second opinion.

Honey, We did not just fall off the turnip truck…

The only question I want to know about Parlanti is WHY is this company and its reps SO DESPERATE?! The product must be really wretched for these desperate measures to be necessary.

I had no idea their reps and the company in general was desperate…

Please go away… Honestly, people don’t like being jerked around. Give it up.

Since everyone else has already established what appears to be going on here, I would just like to point out to the OP that adding an apostrophe to a word does not make it plural. It’s “Parlantis,” not “Parlanti’s.”

That is all.

After all the not even well hidden advertising on here I will never recommend these boots to any of my students, nor would I ever buy any

I said it on the other thread OP brought up, and I will say it again here.

If you buy them, buy them from the company. All of these spammers are re-sellers - other companies trying to sell a product manufactured by Parlanti. The reps from the actual Parlanti company are not the ones posting on here; it is different companies such as JustRiding etc. The boots aren’t half bad, but only buy them from a legitimate Parlanti rep or good, trustworthy companies that sell them, and do not post all over the forums about them (ie Beval, etc).

I thought Parlanti was on “hiatus”. Something about selling the company - they were supposed to have a booth at Old Salem back in May, but did not set up.
Are these posters the new owners since several posters are saying they are advertising?

One would hope not. If so, the company is going downhill fast.