Unlimited access >

Passier Ingrid Klimke saddle

Does anyone ride in the Klimke jump/xc saddle? I’m trying one now and it seems a bit bulky, so I’m wondering how it breaks in. I would be using it at Novice level for all 3 rings.

clunky is how I would describe it. . I rode in a demo. . I couldn’t get a really good position for flat work. . and I didn’t like the large blocks. . I’m a minimalist though. . .

You may want to look at some other options if you don’t like the bulk. The first that comes to mind is the Loxley Eventer by Bliss of London. We sell a ton of those. . they are custom at an affordable price, and you can take away and add until your heart’s content. They allow for a longer stirrup position for great flatwork, but also a very secure jumping position. I ride in as many saddles as I can get my hands on, because it’s my job to fit people and ponies into their perfect saddle, so I have an opinion on almost everything.

They Albions are less bulky as well. County gives a better position for flatting for me. . and the Passier Marcus Ehning is less bulky too.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me!

the stubben zaria is wonderful, JS…

[QUOTE=beowulf;8509187]
the stubben zaria is wonderful, JS…[/QUOTE]

I also found the Zaria to be bulky. :frowning:

[QUOTE=diceuf;8509411]
I also found the Zaria to be bulky. :([/QUOTE]

what?! really?

so, what are you looking for, a bareback pad with stirrups?? :lol:

bulky how? maybe that will help. what about the jeffries XC?

If you like the way Passier fits your horse, they make a monoflap. I love pancake saddles and this one works well for me. It does have two blocks, but - at least for my leg - they don’t really come into play.

[QUOTE=beowulf;8509455]
what?! really?

so, what are you looking for, a bareback pad with stirrups?? :lol:

bulky how? maybe that will help. what about the jeffries XC?[/QUOTE]

If I could get away with a bareback pad with stirrups, I would! Lol. I find them bulky in the seat and twist, I feel perched with no contact. I’ve only tried demos, so I can’t say if they break in nicely or not.

A lot of people are loving the Zaria.

[QUOTE=kashmere;8509492]
If you like the way Passier fits your horse, they make a monoflap. I love pancake saddles and this one works well for me. It does have two blocks, but - at least for my leg - they don’t really come into play.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I have one and it is definitely a minimalist saddle (mine is for sale as it is too narrow for my MW horses and I’d say that is the hardest part of selling it - most people these days want cushy with big blocks that lock them in).

So with you on this! Actually, I don’t even need stirrups. I just want to ride bareback. Okay… maybe not at Training/Prelim on xc, but my dressage is sooo much better and I could definitely get by at the LL bareback on the right horse. :lol:

Double Post.