Unlimited access >

Paul Valliere Farm

I just don’t understand and I find it so confusing for someone that did what he did can still have a farm for sale for this much money and have clients that support him.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3509-Grand-Prix-Farms-Dr_Wellington_FL_33414_M96677-28540?fbclid=IwAR0UNF9bOctv9GwejKFAGC0O7VHcd5-mSl-Dy13EA3s5afhCPGcRbgqvqy8

3 Likes

I can’t speak on clients supporting him but… Anyone that has a property can sell said property.
Hopefully he has to sell because of the documentary coming out causing him to lose those clients.

3 Likes

@aekowner what is the documentary??

1 Like

Bad Sport on Netflix. It’s disturbing, just a heads up if you watch.

5 Likes

He has a huge sales business 2 steps from WEF. He just can’t walk onto the showgrounds. Sells a ton of high quality horses.

While him selling his farm is not relevant to his wrongdoings, I find it so peculiar that he can still ride and own horses. I realize that the USEF can only control competitions, but still.

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad price for that property. If you can afford it lol
If people think someone will help them win they will use that person, or buy horses from them.

He’s a gross human but some people can overlook that if they think they will benefit

5 Likes

I think he has had it quite some time? So what he paid vs what it is now worth are far far different. And yes he does still have quite a large training / sales operation

I saw his name in a prominent equestrian public thread on Facebook, posting as himself, with no shame.

Amazing how not even a Netflix documentary makes some people ashamed by being associated with him.

2 Likes

Yes, ma’am. I have heard some of his supporters do just that.

Yanno, at some point you have to decide that getting help with a quirky horse or buying the winner isn’t worth the ethical compromise you make when you help subsidize a perp like that. With enough privilege and wealth to be able to send one’s money in this direction or that in an expensive hobby, comes the responsibility to do that so that the sport doesn’t suck.

17 Likes

Very true.
There’s so many trainers out there, I’m not sure why one would decide they need to use him.

5 Likes

Also unclear to me, but he still has a huge following in New England where he is from - a lot of trainers still host him for clinics, buy horses from him, etc, and post all over FB about it with no shame.

3 Likes

With so many buying and selling, you may end up with one that passed through his hands at some point unbeknownst to anybody you might be working with and never have the choice to avoid. He has been marketing nice horses for many years now.

No, wouldn’t be my choice but if I ended up with a nice one I later learned had passed through him 2 recorded owners and 7 years back? Don’t judge me evil if I keep it. Most of us have no idea of the total ownership history plus any trainers or sales agents, particularly in older, finished horses. Its not their fault.

6 Likes

That’s totally different than directly doing business with him. Anyone who would fault an owner for that is being pretty extreme.

10 Likes

That’s just odd.
I could, possibly, see buying a horse from him if it checked every box and you did a very good PPE. It’s not the horses’ fault he owns it. But clinics? Lessons? So weird.

1 Like

So does the property history mean that Grand Prix Village in its entirety was bought for $7 million? And then the individual lots were sold off for around $200,000 each?

And does it seem odd that the tax assessment nearly doubled in just six years?

Not sure about your first question, but to the tax question as someone that just bought a home and did too much research on property trends (lol): median home prices did, in fact, nearly double from 2016 to 2022. So, given the assessed property value grew from $981k to $1.5M in that time frame, it doesn’t seem odd at all that the taxes would follow suit. The rate did seem to go up from around 1.5% to slightly over 2% in that time for this property but, also not shocking. Taxes, man.

The US housing market is insane presently. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Grand Prix village lots were originally sold for $5,000 an acre way back when . . . . makes you a think if only doesn’t it?!

4 Likes

Some people don’t care if they have to lie down in s$&@ to get up with a tricolor.

5 Likes

Yes. People lay in $!@? For all sorts of reasons.

2 Likes