Unlimited access >

Pedigree Help Please

Thoughts on this OTTB pedigree? I’m clueless. Thanks!

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=8576947&registry=T&horse_name=Gentle%20Mike&dam_name=Gentle%20Audrey&foaling_year=2009&nicking_stats_indicator=Y

Lots to like in the pedigree. I adore Rahy and Capote, both sired classy-looking horses. Good racing names throughout the pedigree.

[QUOTE=Lamb Chop;7119619]
Lots to like in the pedigree. I adore Rahy and Capote, both sired classy-looking horses. Good racing names throughout the pedigree.[/QUOTE]

I’ve heard some negative things about Storm Cat. I see him as a grandsire in the pedigree. The horse in question has a big shoulder (one of the complaints I’ve read about), but it fits the rest of his body and he is nicely divided into ideal thirds proportion wise. Also, I’ve heard negative temperament stuff, but the horse in question is laid-back and friendly. Any other concerns there?

Storm Cat as a grandsire is not a bad thing. This guy has some rather mellow horses in the pedigree (Seattle Slew, Rahy) to balance out the reputed hot temperament of SOME Storm Cat offspring.

Rahy and Capote both sired some lovely balanced athletes. Eventers seem to really like Blushing Groom in pedigrees.

I love a horse with a big deep shoulder. Judge the horse in front of you. Of note, he stopped rather badly in both his races (both in 2011) and trailed the field. You might call the trainer, Bill Morey, and see if he can tell you about this guy.

If you PPE him and get good results, follow your instincts.

He raced in Northern California. If you are in that area, you might consider contacting Joe at TB Friends, he’s in Woodland, north of Sacramento.