Unlimited access >

Peek-a-blue pony hunter

Looking to find some information about a large pony hunter called PEEK A BLUE (Roger), he is a grey welshXthoroughbred and stands at about 14.2. He has been at our barn for about four years now and we believe he is currently 19 years old. From what I could find on the Internet I think his sire is Blue Rain. He’s very fancy and the people who we got him from said he’s been to pony finals and such so I’m hoping someone might know him and give me some more info on him. We have no papers for him as we got him out of a lesson program who were about ready to send him to auction as he had been bucking kids off. We later realized he had a very sore back and got him all fixed up. Now he’s being leased by a young girl. But if anyone knows ANYTHING about him or where he came from please let me know!

This one?

https://www.usef.org/_IFrames/Searches/horseResultsReport.aspx
Horse Name: PEEK A BLUE (4111568)
Breed: WELSH PONY
Sire Name: BLUE RAIN
Dam Name: UNKNOWN

I don’t know this pony, but I am glad he has his own person again. Sounds like he has earned a better life.

[QUOTE=Haileyavery;8261797]
Looking to find some information about a large pony hunter called PEEK A BLUE (Roger), he is a grey welshXthoroughbred and stands at about 14.2. He has been at our barn for about four years now and we believe he is currently 19 years old. From what I could find on the Internet I think his sire is Blue Rain. He’s very fancy and the people who we got him from said he’s been to pony finals and such so I’m hoping someone might know him and give me some more info on him. We have no papers for him as we got him out of a lesson program who were about ready to send him to auction as he had been bucking kids off. We later realized he had a very sore back and got him all fixed up. Now he’s being leased by a young girl. But if anyone knows ANYTHING about him or where he came from please let me know![/QUOTE]

http://www.ushja.org/awards/horseresultsdisplay.aspx?hid=4882507&year=2009&section=2502&badPoints=ushjabp&bDate=9/16/08&fDate=9/15/2009&standType=USHJAF&zone=10

Breeder is listed on that link.

If you aren’t 100% sure he is sired by Blue Rain there is another Peek-A-Blue that keeps popping up. This site has a photo. He’s been in auctions, looks like a few per google: http://www.professionalauction.com/10_PDF/10ahpc_cat.pdf

[QUOTE=HealingHeart;8262010]
I don’t know this pony, but I am glad he has his own person again. Sounds like he has earned a better life.[/QUOTE]

If it’s either of the two Peek A Blues currently listed with USEF, he may not have been very good giving lessons but both those look to have had pretty good lives. Pretty sure I have seen at least one of them. But there are probably others no longer recorded with the same name that went to PF.

OP what general area are you located in? Help to know which Pony it might be, and is he bay or grey?

That one is probably bred by Sandy Holbrook.

It looks like we’ve found a few that might fit. OP??

1- USEF # 4111568 is a Large, color unknown, sired by Blue Rain, registered to Katherine Newman 2005-2010, shown on the East Coast.

2- USEF # 4882507 is a Medium, color unknown, sired by Blue Rain, competed at PF, registered to Kate Considine, bred by Sarah Kirk. Showed in 2013 at short stirrup and leadline, in California.

Option 3 is the adorable pony in the auction catalog, but it is a bay small. There are also 2 other Peek-a-Blue’s with USEF - a Paint and a Westfalen - which also seem to be out.

Peek A Blue

Peek a Blue or Roger, was a pony owned by Herb Cristiani that Cyndi and Molly Sullivan had connected us to. Cyndi had found several ponies in the past for us before the opportunity to take Roger came around. We started him as a four year old in the children’s division. He looked like a thoroughbred someone had shrunk, he’s roughly 13.3-14 hands, a Blue Rain baby out of a thoroughbred mare, I believe. I had him on rough board and was fortunate enough to show him in the children’s for one year. He won a lot of under saddle classes and was champion Fairfield and other New England shows. He went to Wellington with Mindy Darst where Katherine Newman purchased him and was circuit champion at WEF in the large greens, she won everything on him. There was a big article in the Chronicle before pony finals I think it would have been 2001 or 2002. He ribboned at pony finals that green year. He was one of my absolute favorite ponies to ride, and very easy to keep. I am trying to locate the article for you and will let you know.

Please message me, I'd love to hear more about him. I have tons of pictures when he was young and steel gray. Thank you!

By the way my name is Kiley Prime. Where are you located?