People Attempting to Undermine Safe Sport

I’m guessing the response was posted before seeing the banned announcement, guys. People frequently reply to a post before reading the thread in its entirety.

30 Likes

:skull: :skull:

1 Like

Too bad. I have her to thank for my most liked post ever.

22 Likes

That one sizzled!!!

9 Likes

Didn’t know the poster was banned. Don’t see how one response is beating a dead horse. Don’t know why your’e so hostile to me standing up to an abusive poster.

21 Likes

I believe the poster arguing with you may share Oreo’s views that transwomen in sport are “men competing on women’s teams.” If I am wrong I’m sure they will correct me.

6 Likes

A slight diversion from equestrian but still on-topic: Canadian athletes in at least two disciplines are calling for independent investigations (gymnastics and bobsled/skeleton):

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2022-olympic-equestrian-sexual-abuse-safesport/

2 Likes

The pot calling the kettle black much? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Great article. Thank you so much for posting this.

It’s too bad Anne’s sister Lisa died of cancer before SafeSport. She was also a victim of JW and suffered considerably as a result.

4 Likes

A new article on SafeSport showed up in my news feed today. And for those in Northern Virginia, it mentions Tom Navarro at River Chase Farm in Aldie.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna25623

From the article:
“Thomas Navarro, who was convicted in 2000 of sodomy and sexual abuse involving a minor. Navarro now appears to be teaching horseback riding at River Chase Farm in Aldie, Virginia. A mugshot of Navarro matches photos on the farm’s Instagram and Facebook pages. (Navarro said he is suing SafeSport and couldn’t discuss anything at this time.)”

15 Likes

That’s awful :cry:

1 Like

I have the impression that Anne was given strength and courage to speak her truth because of her sisters illness

4 Likes

I wish the article from NBC had done a better job informing older teens and adults how to access and learn about the Safe Sport system

for this featured young person we can hope that local news and talk spreads the information

5 Likes

From the linked article:

The organization has drawn controversy almost from the start. Athletes, coaches and senators have criticized the pace of its investigative process and its ability to truly hold people accountable.

Having been involved fairly recently with a Safe Sport case, I agree that it does seem to be a long, drawn out process. But that’s because (in my experience) the investigative process is extremely thorough. Despite what critics may claim, it’s not some slipshod gathering of hearsay gossip. Obtaining and identifying photos, finding willing, honest witnesses and corroborating all that evidence takes time. And despite an earnest and thorough investigation, sometimes there are unfortunate circumstances that occur and Safe Sport ultimately cannot “hold people accountable.” And when you know the truth, that can be heartbreaking. All you end up with is a mix of anger, disappointment, sadness… and a yearning for karma.

26 Likes

Adrienne Raymond of Washington/Oregon has finally been permanently banned by SafeSport, due to her criminal charges for sexually abusing young boys, in the early 2000’s.

Barry Kriebel of New Horizon Equine Academy (Therapeutic Riding program) and Thunder Ridge Farms (Riding lessons, pony parties for kids, etc.) has been accused of misconduct and is under restrictions.

A man from San Anselmo, going by the name of Marcos Ramirez, was added and removed within a period of less than a month. It seems to have been a clerical error or improper information on SafeSport’s side, as the name comes up as a dead end, in every way.

4 Likes

It’s so uncommon to have female molesters though I know they exist

2 Likes

probably grossly underreported.
because boys don’t get molested… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I know they do. But it’s like a fraction.

2 Likes

Question: Do grooms need to get SafeSport training? I’m talking about the grooms, who work with and for the trainers and riders?

4 Likes