Unlimited access >

Pessoa Saddle Input

Hi guys,

I’m in the market for a saddle. I have looked at used, which I realize is the preferred option, but it is a graduation gift from my parents, so I am buying new. I have always liked Pessoa saddles, I’ve ridden in a few friends’ over the years. Regardless, I spent the last few months test riding a lot of different saddles. Long story short, I think I’ve decided on the A/O exchange. Input? Also is there a big difference between these saddles and their Gen-X line? I mean, there is a $600 price difference, and I liked the ride in the A/O a bit better, just looking for opinions on that.

I have a Pessoa and I love it. I’m not sure what model it is because it is older and the serial number is too worn to read anymore, but it’s great. I’ve heard that their new stuff isn’t as good as the old stuff, but I’m sure it’s still nice. I would go for it if I were you! :slight_smile:

The AO and the Gen X will ride the same as they have the same tree. However the leather is a bit nicer on the AO, more of a choice cut, so to speak, with less natural artifacts such as stretch marks and scarring, hence the price difference.

I have several Pessoas-- a couple AO’s and a Legacy (not the event one). As a teacher I love them because my student’s don’t have to fight their saddle for their position, the kids love them because the are comfy. I have both older ones and newer ones and both have held up well. I do require that my student’s clean their tack after every ride and I oil my saddles twice a year.