Unlimited access >

Pessoa® TT XCH™ Saddle/ Saddle for tall rider

Hello, I am 5’11 and have been riding in a 16" saddle for wayyyy to long. To the point where it is painful to ride. It forces my leg in the wrong place causing me to have ill balance and to brace my ankles cutting off my circulation. I defiantly need a new saddle.
I was looking at the Pessoa® TT XCH™ Saddle but since its so new there are no reviews and that worries me a bit. I am tall but pretty equal on my torso/leg ration, but do have long legs. Balance is very important as long with leg position and and seat softness. So anyone have reviews on the Pessoa® TT XCH™ Saddle? Or any recommendations? I do eventing, but am mostly a showjumper. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Hi! I actually just bought the TT saddle yesterday. I’m 5’11 with superrr long legs as well, and the knee flap length is absolutely perfect for me. The seat is really soft too:yes:. So far would definitely recommend. Good luck!

[QUOTE=TrueBlue27;8303131]
Hi! I actually just bought the TT saddle yesterday. I’m 5’11 with superrr long legs as well, and the knee flap length is absolutely perfect for me. The seat is really soft too:yes:. So far would definitely recommend. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Awesome! Im so glad its nice, keep me updated! I really hope that theres no bad reviews because I like the look of it and the fact its made for tall riders

Nearly anything would be better than a 16" seat… It sounds like you probably need a 17.5" or 18" saddle with a long flap.

[QUOTE=rememberthenight;8303227]
Nearly anything would be better than a 16" seat… It sounds like you probably need a 17.5" or 18" saddle with a long flap.[/QUOTE]

well obviously, it clearly states im am buying a new saddle. Im looking for particular brands or saddles that have worked.

You may also need a forward or long flap. . . A lot of the riders that I fit are tall, and typically use a 17.5 inch seat, but either a long and forward flap or an extra long and forward flap, depending on the length of their leg from hip to knee.

I will probably never be a fan of the changeable gullet. . . I would say that if $2500.00 is the price point you’re looking in, you could get a nice used saddle or some starting model custom saddles that would fit you and your horse better.

I have a 16.5 TT that is amazing. I am 5’9" and am long in the torso and leg. It is so nice to finally not have to go up in the seat to get a flap to fit my leg, which was super important to me as my mare is really short backed. There’s actually a bit of room on the flap if I were a smidge longer in the femur, too. I love it and recommend it to everyone that has long legs.

Forward flaps and forward/long flaps always hit me above my knee - the TT has the forward part of the flap on the bottom third, instead of halfway, if that makes sense. If I were jumping really big sticks with short, short stirrups, I might be able to get away with a forward, but over my 2’6" to 3’, the TT is the answer.

6’ rider Looking at the Pessoa TT XCH

Hi,

I was wondering if you ladies would still recommend the Pessoa TT XCH. I am considering getting one. Any information would be helpful

I still love mine - it’s worn well, and is still the only saddle that fits my femur without spending the $$ to go custom. My horse likes the flexible carbon fiber tree, and the gullet change system is easy to use.

I saw a picture of one and to me it appears the flap is long (like a dressage saddle) but not too forward. Is this the case? If so, how is that better than Pessoa’s long forward flap option? It seems like my knee would be over the flap in this saddle. Thanks!

Here is a really good video I saw about the TT saddle. I like how they show comparisons of all the flap shapes at the end! It really shows how a flap that looks so weird just sitting there looks so right once a person is sitting in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-pq_zVcaHE

I would be concerned that with the way that flap is cut (with the most forward point of the flap being so low), you might not have as many options with stirrup length, especially a shorter jumping length that would lift the knee. I’m long legged and ended up buying an Antares with a 5AAB flap. That Pessoa would probably be the best non custom option but I would still shop around to try to find a used custom with a better fit.

That’s what I was thinking too. Actually the Pessoa with the long/forward flap looked like a better option in the video, IMO. I would LOVE to have the “problem” of having some flap out in front of my knee, haha!

I’m 6’ tall and I’m also looking into this. I don’t think tall people need the super short stirrups over big fences tbh.

It will be nice to be in a smaller seat. I have an 18" now and I’m swimming in it. Back in the day of plain flaps I rode in a 16.5" Crosby Corinthian and my knees just hung over the front and that was a better fit than I can get in any of today’s saddles with the rolls and blocks.