Unlimited access >

Photoshoot of our 3 month old pup - Happy Monday!

We had a photoshoot from a professional photographer (who mainly does humans) and I thought she did a fantastic job! These were taken on our Swissy’s 3 month birthday and I wanted to get some shots while she was still young. Will go back to this same photographer once she’s full grown as I think it will be fun to see hows she’s grown in that time!

They grow up so quickly…

36 Likes

Oh my gosh, so cute. They did an amazing job.

3 Likes

Awww! Great pictures and such a precious pup. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

GREAT ! Love your pics and your pup !

1 Like

Wonderful pictures! I really hope that you recreate the “sitting in the basket” one as an adult, with a ginormous rump oozing out over the sides! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

These are WONDERFUL! The expressions!

1 Like

This photographer needs to quit doing humans and just concentrate on puppies! A delightful model really helps though…gorgeous pics.

3 Likes

How did you keep her still enough to get a shot? Keep her from eating the boots?? Amazing.

It is hard enough with kids, I can’t imagine a 3 month old puppy.

Very cute.

I’m really looking forward to that one lol!! Or even the ladder again but she will be pretty much crouching ha ha!!

She is actually a really, really good pup!! She has her moments, but she’s been so laid back and willing to pretty much do anything. I’m actually working with her to be a therapy dog (hopefully with St. Johns Ambulance - I just reached out to them) when she gets older. I’ve started to take her into places to get used to the hustle and bustle of life. So far she’s been amazing and is doing really well!

I would love to take her to hospitals and old age homes , perhaps even schools so she can be pet and enjoyed by those who can’t have dogs. I know if I were in a situation like that, I would love for someone to come in with their dog so I can talk with them and pet them.

She listens well (ahem, when she wants to) and hates to get in trouble. But she has that sassy side and will “talk back” if you do get mad at her or tell her “no!”. Which she really caught in some of those shots with those eyes.

Now she was moving around quite a bit and the photographer was amazing on getting some of these shots. The toughest one was the cross paws. Every time I crossed them, of course she would uncross them! But she finally got fed up with me and just stayed there lol! She was awesome with my boots and never touched them once! She was hard to get those super close up shots as she kept trying to lick the camera and the photographer!

This was the absolute hardest shot. She didn’t really fit in the box and I kept crushing her tail to fit it in there, so she kept jumping out. Plus it was at the end of the shoot and she was bored and tired. But she got it!

7 Likes

She is just stunning!!

AND I am so glad you did a photoshoot with her. I did that too with my young pup and then again about a year later.

All of my dogs have had indoor and outdoor photoshots. (clearly, I am childless :rofl: ) but it is important to me, they are my family and I treasure the art on my walls.

Make sure you get digital formated high res at least 300DPI copies so you can make prints on canvas!

2 Likes

They are all high quality (they are from 4-14MB each) and will blow up really well! I don’t know which one(s) to have blown up on canvass (we are also childless so I have tons of pictures of our ponies in our house lol) so I made a 9x12 photobook with all of the pictures so I can see them a bit better.
Then I can hopefully choose 1 or 2 to get blown up for our wall!

1 Like

Awwwwww! So, what is that breed like? Do they do well on farms? Do they overheat easily in warm weather? Their bodies remind me of Rotties.

She’s only 3 months, and I’ve only had her for 4 weeks now, but so far so good! I have heard that they are fantastic farm dogs and she has been really good so far. Is much more “nosy” and curious about everything than our lab was - she’s very visual and aware of her surroundings, quite a bit more independent and has a little more mind of her own as well.

We are in Ontario so just barley above the freezing mark (-20C two days ago actually with a couple inches of snow), so its hard for me to say if shes good in the heat. But I have been told they are heat tolerant, though they do have a double coat.

I had a Bernese Mt Dog about 30 years ago and he did not do well in the heat. I loved the breed but it would have been torture to get another just to have them be outside with us in the summer (plus we do not have AC in the house). So I did some research and spoke with the breeder on a Swissy to see how they do with heat/cold. And they are much more adaptable to both the heat and the cold.

I would say they are not a beginner dog, a little more stubborn and trickier to train then say a Lab or Berner. A Bernese is much more easy going and “cooler” in temperament. She is a puppy so its a bit hard to tell, but she does have energy which is perfect for us as we are still young and active on our farm. She will for sure be a great addition for us!

And they are one of the breeds that made the Rottweiler :).

2 Likes

O M G she is so CUTE!!! :heart_eyes: Thanks for sharing the adorable pics fo her!

1 Like

Harley just turned 5 months old yesterday and is now 62lb and growing like a weed! She’s been such a great addition to our farm and is so entertaining.

She is great with the ponies and gives them respect, but will still go into their field if I’m around, but doesn’t get too close to them. They will come over and sniff her and she is kind and quiet around them. She sure does love their poop though ha ha.

She is sassy and stoubborn, probably one of my worst trained dogs for come as she does it when she feels like it. But she never goes far from us and she hangs around the barn off leash. She like to sit outside the barn and watch the traffic go by or bird watch. Shes too funny that way. She’s like an old soul in a puppy body with the occasional zoomies. She is quiet, is not a huge fan on going for walks - I will start and she will honestly just park her bum and watch me continue on the walk without her. She patiently waits until I get back ha ha! Now if I take her off property, she does love to explore new places.

She was house trained at 8 weeks, has never touched anything but her toys in the house (and she has tons of them and plays with every single one of them!), sleeps through the night and has outgrown her crate in the bedroom so she sleeps free there. We do have a large outdoor dog house that is used in the summer months so she can see the ponies and birds from there. She’s very happy in that!

We have taken her camping and she has been fantastic. I can’t say enough good things about this breed! They are fun for sure and are great farm dogs.

7 Likes