Unlimited access >

Picardo 2003 Holsteiner Stallion out of Parco who is out of Darco...Thoughts?

Does anyone have any experience with Picardo babies? The last comments on threads about him are a number of years old. The few videos I have seen of him and his offspring have been pretty nice.
picardostallion.com
I have an Oldenburg NA mare “Foley” who is 17.3, long, dressage trained. She is a lovely mare with great temperment, solid jump, but is a little heavy in her movement. She likely needs to be shortened and lightened a bit.

Sent you a pm :slight_smile:

He is BY Parco, who is BY Darco.

“Out of” is used to refer to the dam.

That said - what is your mare’s pedigree? Jumper bloodlines? Dressage bloodlines? Or a mix? Or something else? And what are you breeding for - dressage, jumper, hunter, eventer?

I trained Picardo when he was young. He is a very nice stallion with a great mind. He has a super cool jump.

Foley is by West Coast (HAN) x Edwina (WPN) - she has Persian Path S xx on her dams line and Weltmeister (HAN) on her sires line. She has foaled once before but I don’t have much information on her progeny. I would like a good all-round horse. Foley is more dressage oriented herself and I would like to have a little more oomph in the hunter/jumper arena.

My short list includes:
Picardo
Lotus T
Diamond Stud

I have also looked into Mannhattan (Oldenburg) and Orlando (Belgian Warmblood). Any thoughts?

szipi, thought I saw that you also have experience with Lotus T. Would you pick Picardo or Lotus T for your hypothetical warmblood mare?

I think your short list is inconsistent as the stallions on the list are very different. :slight_smile: Picardo is compact and lovely, but he is also a Parco and the Parco/Darco is blood that will give you heavier rather than lighter. I haven’t seen enough of his production to know how he produces, though. Chicardo is related through Picardo’s motherline and I know he produces compact, modern offspring. I also love Vallado for producing these qualities.

[QUOTE=aubby16;8404873]
My short list includes:
Picardo
Lotus T
Diamond Stud

I have also looked into Mannhattan (Oldenburg) and Orlando (Belgian Warmblood). Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]