Plantar Faciitis

I’d chimed in earlier, and had been wearing the boot at night, which initially really helped. But then started having pain outside my knee and up my IT band! I went to a myofascial massage therapist and she said the boot at night, while stretching my PF, was contracting the muscles on the front of my calf. She gave me some great stretches and I no longer wear the boots at night - PF is better and no IT band pain now! Anyone else have issues with the night splints causing other problems?

I also discovered Superfeet insoles after some research - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! I just recently traveled to Europe for work, walked ALL over, and minimal pain - as much as any lazy American forced to walk all day:) So, stretches and insoles are managing my issues, acupuncture treatment or myofascial massage if it gets bad due to some physical stressor. But I would say I’m not 95% pain free!

I haven’t read through the whole thread so someone may have already suggested this, but what completely cured my excruciating PF was finding a masseuse or a chiropractor that specializes in myofascial release therapy. I have an amazing chiropractor that has successfully treated numerous PF cases. He explained to me that the fascia in the calf and foot will basically act like shrinkwrap around your muscles which prevents the muscle from unknotting. Until you get the fascia to release, your can’t fully cure the PF, you can only mask symptoms temporarily. A lot of my problem was tight a very tight calf that pulled on everything in my foot, causing the PF. The treatment hurt like hell, but I made progress each time, and was 100% after 6 treatments and haven’t had to go back in 2 years.

**edit :slight_smile: Just read the above post!

oooh sounds like painful treatment, but I see how it woudl work. I just put my 25 yr old orthodics in my Ugg slippers and sure enough it hurts less. OK… need better shoes…

I can wear MBT Crocs Holeys. That is about it except a teva raptor sandal. I need to come back and read this thread!

I have been dealing with this on and off for years. The Ariat ATS footbed seems to help the most with a Dr Scholls arch support insert. I have found the BEST relief has come from my chiropractor manipulating my foot, and having http://www.northeastequi-wavetherapy.com/Home.html magna-wave therapy done. I went from hobbling around one day at a horse show, to walking back to the trailer “normal”. Good stuff (and the horses like it too!)