Unlimited access >

Platinum Performance Canine?

Not normally one to go down the rabbit hole of supplements, but I confess I’ve been dabbling in feeding raw and generally non-kibble foods to my girl, and have wanted a multivite sort of supp, so when I went to the Platinum Performance site to order for my horse, I succumbed to the canine supp. Anyone feed it? I’ve only had it a few days, but she eats it happily enough. Hoping the flax base will be good for her coat.

I think feeding a multi vitamin is a great idea to cover all bases when feeding raw. My last 2 dogs have been on raw their whole life after 2yrs. old, when I rescued/adopted them.
My last dog lived to almost 16, a GSD and was super healthy until she was hit w/ DM.
My current GSD has been tested for DM and is clear so I’m really hoping she makes it to that age and stays healthy.
The flax does help w/ coat, I’ve fed ground flax to mine periodically and raw eggs too.
What kind of dog?

1 Like

She’s a Portuguese Water Dog. I feed eggs occasionally - maybe 1-2/week. I don’t know much about feeding raw (waiting for the book her breeder recommended to arrive in the mail), but we have a local place that grinds meat/organ/bone for dogs, and I add veggies like carrots, kale, a berry or two, a little yogurt - just whatever. Oh, and whatever she scrounges at the barn, of course. :smiley:

Sooooo glad your dog tested clear for DM. My GSD/Akita mutt developed it - lost her at almost 14 and it was so tough. That dog was all class all the time.

1 Like