Unlimited access >

Pleasant Tap TB Bloodlines

My TB gelding, Tapbdancing, by Pleasant Tap out of Westybdancing, was one of the most well-tempered, talented young eventer prospects I have seen. I would absolutely KILL to find another young prospect out of Pleasant Tap. Have any of you had experience with the line? Do you know of any for sale, or have one of your own?
I’ve scoured the internet looking for something for sale, but to no luck. I know it’s a long shot asking here, but I’ll try anything.

By. By a stallion :wink:

I have had some interesting conversations with people by pulling up the stallions foal report and researching breeders of foals that look interesting. Could be one place for leads :slight_smile:

Thanks, I appreciate the tip! Where would I find the foal report?

You purchase it from equineline. $18 bucks, maybe?

Perfect, thanks.

Not as accurate as Equineline, but if you just want to track down some horses by him, you can access a good bit of info for free on pedigreequery.com by doing a progeny report for Pleasant Tap. You can confirm info or fill in holes using Equineline’s free pedigree search services.

He was a gorgeous stallion. His last crop is currently 4 year olds with many still racing, so if you watch the usual off the track resources, I’m sure more by him will make their way down the pike.

He didn’t leave us with a lot of sons at stud, but Tiago was standing in KY until his untimely death earlier this year.

I absolutely love the Pleasant Colony lines, and PT is one of the best of his offspring.

I absolutely recommend finding more if you can. :slight_smile:

This is my Pleasant Tap daughter she made the Main Mare Book with the Hanoverians and was site champion Non-Hanoverian at her performance test. She also made the verband jumper breeding program. She has had two good foals by Escudo II. This years colt was named Stallion Prospect at his Hanoverian foal inspection (he is being run on by his owner). Ive retained his full sister for our breeding program.

Apt To Please XX (Pleasant Tap x Meadowlake x No Double) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201549762998896&set=a.3256848053028.147738.1021903725&type=3&theater

This her colt Escher https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206973976040832&set=pcb.10206973977200861&type=3&theater

This year she is in foal to my Connemara Pony Stallion Blue Moon due May and will go back to EII this season.

They are both lovely–congratulations!

[QUOTE=silvership;8431749]
My TB gelding, Tapbdancing, by Pleasant Tap out of Westybdancing, was one of the most well-tempered, talented young eventer prospects I have seen. I would absolutely KILL to find another young prospect out of Pleasant Tap. Have any of you had experience with the line? Do you know of any for sale, or have one of your own?
I’ve scoured the internet looking for something for sale, but to no luck. I know it’s a long shot asking here, but I’ll try anything.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I am a bit of a stickler also when it comes to “horse terminology”. In this case breeding.

Out of is only used with mares

“I have a nice colt BY Pleasant Tap OUT of Miss Perfect” (usually followed with the name of dam’s sire, the broodmare sire)

At least this is how we “speak” in the TB world/business.

Unfortunately at this time there is no sales website that I know of that lists/groups TB sport horse prospects by their sire. At least not in any great numbers. Working on an TB industry backed website that will do this. And get the word out to all Owners, trainers, breeder etc to list their horses and location. Along with a lot of other details about the breed after racing or never raced. Be able to allow people to search by specific families, bloodlines, etc. It may or may not happen.

In the mean time the best way to find horses by specific stallions is to pull a Sire’s Progeny Record off of the JC’s Equineline data base. It costs $18.

This is a sample.

http://www.equineline.com/samples/samp33.htm

It will list all of the stallions progeny year by year. I haven’t use it in a while but I think you can filter starting at specific year and going forward from there.

That’s the easy part. Finding a horse that maybe of interest can be a bit more tricky. Especially if not still on the racetrack and or was never raced.

Horses that are still racing will take a little bit of understanding how things work in the TB world to be able to figure out if it is buy-able in a certain price range while still racing. But contract information can be had easily and letting an owner and or trainer know you might be interested in the horses when retired.

We have a coming 6 yr old by Pleasant Tap. He’s a big guy with a lovely temperament

One of my boys is by Pleasant Tap out of Bogie Cat. His registered name is Cat Tap. The sire of the dam is Storm Cat. He is 15 now but unfortunately his hocks gave him some problems. He was a great horse to jump and hack cross country. Started to do some dressage with him but his hocks couldn’t take it. He is now OK for light riding with Previcox.

I got him as a five year old as he did not want to be a race horse. Apparently was always last in the field. He did retire from the track sound.

Wish he had stayed sound longer as he had the greatest canter and good mind cross country.

I would look for OTTB offspring by Redeemed. He is coming 8 so should have some around. Redeemed is a solid old style TB by Include out of a PT mare. He had a book of about 70 last year so he is being well used.

Late to the party, but you might consider broadening your search to include other Pleasant Colony sons (of which there are quite a few). His “type” tends to pass on fairly well as long as the other half of the pedigree is decent, in my opinion.

I own a gelding whose damsire is Pleasant Colony and he is very much the “type”, so a broader search of Pleasant Colony blood within the first few generations might net you a much wider prospect pool than just looking for Pleasant Tap babies.

1 Like

Yes, I was about to say I think Pleasant Tap is getting a lot of credit that maybe is deserved for his daddy Pleasant Colony, who IMHO, is much more desirable and consistent in type :winkgrin:

1 Like

That’s true… Although PT is probably the most common and easiest to find. Locally here Roanoke was a very popular stallion for both race and show.

Yup, its Pleasant Colony. Do your search with him. Those horses are incredible.
Kabbom had PC and those I’ve seen are awesome…

If anyone knows of any leads on Pleasant Tap descendants for sale (or any other Pleasant Colony stud that seems to throw similar offspring) please let me know. I’m still searching!

I had a member by the name of “Run and Jump” who called herself “Steph” message me about a 5 year old mare out of Pleasant Tap the other day, wondering if I’d be interested in buying her. I replied, but they never messaged back. :frowning: I’m dying to hear back so if by some off chance anyone has contact information about that horse, please, please get in touch with me.

there is always a fair amount of Pleasant Colony descendants on FLF’s listings.

Any needs of mare vs gelding or height requirements?