Unlimited access >

Please Help -- Survey for School Project

Hey Everyone,

I’d really appreciate it if you would take this quick survey on the topics of equestrian safety and horse related accidents. It is part of the research for my master’s thesis. Please share it far and wide, but please do not discuss any particular details or specifics about it (or post such comments below). Thanks!!!

The survey takes about 20-30 minutes and involves a video showing horse-related accidents. If possible, please take the survey using a computer instead of your phone/mobile device.

https://uah.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0V5l5HNXFZDbWKh

If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a private message instead of commenting below. Thanks!

Please take the time to help this student. Surveys like this really help a person to get a good thesis going and it only takes a little bit of your time!

The video doesn’t work for me on my ipad

Done.

:slight_smile:

Some of the questions could use an “OTHER” option, or at least “NONE OF THE ABOVE”.

Thanks so much everyone!

Done, but many of the questions really didn’t pertain to my sport/breed. Had it been twenty years ago when I actually rode, my answers would have been far different. Driving Minis is far different than riding an Arabian… :smiley:

[QUOTE=Field of Dreams Mini Horses;8545068]
Done, but many of the questions really didn’t pertain to my sport/breed. Had it been twenty years ago when I actually rode, my answers would have been far different. Driving Minis is far different than riding an Arabian… :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking it. If you have any suggestions as to what questions would have been more relevant to you, please send me a pm. Thanks again!

I got to the video and it didn’t work on my phone… tried to refresh and my phone went wonky so I think I just quit halfway through… is that going to screw up your results?

Video needed a plug in for me as well so I couldn’t see it but I went through it anyway, and really I ought to wear my helmet just feeding nowadays because just getting banged into once is once too many.

Small problem with the questions–you have an option for “recreational trail” but then you require someone to pick the level/type of show they do.

Also an “unsure” for the last question would be better–I’ve fallen but I have no idea if the helmet prevented anything or not. (The only injuries I’ve sustained leading a horse were to legs and feet, so that’s no, but that wasn’t the question.)

FWIW, it only took me 11 minutes. So don’t let the time commitment deter you from taking the survey :slight_smile:

sent you a PM

Good luck with your research!

I couldn’t complete the survey because the video wouldn’t load. Maybe try uploading to YouTube with a link.

I’ve replaced the video file as an embedded YouTube link, so hopefully that will fix the play back issue. Thanks again for taking the survey!

Done, video worked perfectly! :slight_smile:

Took the survey, but could not get the video to load.

Done!

yes. along with “do you show?” “no” and then the survey insists you tell it at what level you show.

I’ve added a N/A option to the problematic question.

The playback issues seem to be occurring for people using certain phones, even though the survey is “supposed” to be mobile device friendly. If possible, please take the survey using your computer. I’m working to get the glitch fixed now.

Thanks again!

Took it! Helmets are so important. I was WALKING on a trail ride. Woke up later laying in gravel with a stirrup and crop. Horse was over a mile away grazing in recreational area. Don’t know what happened, went to hospital because I didn’t know who I was where my friends were. Told me I would be dead if it wasn’t for the helmet.