Unlimited access >

Please say a cyber hello to the horse who came to stay.

I’m Lucien. and my mom and your mom have e-mailed sometimes. I just wanted to let you know I’ve been where you’re at, and things are only going to get better from here.

When I came to my mom, I had been abandoned by my previous person. It wasn’t her fault, really, she fell on hard times. Luckily though, where she left me was a place with nice people who took good care of me. Eventually I got introduced to Jennifer, who became my mom. I was six years old and didn’t know much of anything about what people wanted, and what I did know apparently wasn’t the right way of doing things. But Jo, Mom’s trainer and a very wise person, took a liking to me and kept making Mom ride me because, she said, I had a good mind and a good heart. (Well, of course I do, but it was nice of Jo to notice.)

Anyway, my Mom eventually bought me from the stable owner, and we’ve been together ever since and she says we’ll be together forever. I’ve learned a lot, and so has Mom. Now Mom says I’m the perfect adult amateur jumper horse. It just takes a little time and effort, and caring. It sounds like your new mom has all of that to give you and more, so you’re going to be OK. I know you’ll appreciate what you’ve got now and take care of your new mom the way I take care of mine. In return, she will love you and you’ll get plenty kisses and (even better) horse cookies.

Your new friend,

Lucien

I hope you and Beezer have a lot of fun together

Congratulations to both Beezer and Sam!

Congrats Beezer! I’m certain you and Sam will have much fun together. It’s just fated for you gals to have Hammie and Sammie…

Diito on the pics!

Brenda & Murphy

I just wanted to share a little family news with my BB friends: I have a new horse.

For those of you who haven’t been keeping up with the “Baby Green Support Group” thread (and who can blame you?), my sweet and pretty homebred youngster – Tigger, he of the perpetual injuries and soundness problems – was recently diagnosed with ringbone in all four feet. So he is now a pet/riding horse and won’t ever be my next show horse.

Enter Sam, the horse no one – for no good reason – wanted. As his someday-show name of True Story would indicate, he took a long and winding path on his way to me. He is a big (as in tank), solid (well, except for a tiny star) black, appendix Quarter Horse who has never had much luck landing in one place very long (except for a pasture). He knows almost nothing, and what little he does know is the wrong almost nothing. But we’re working on that.

He is very sweet, very kind, and while he is clueless, he tries really really hard … you just kinda have to like a horse who, while out on a trial trail ride, was the only horse who didn’t freak out over the sofa in a neighbor’s front yard or launch into a panic attack when a herd of free-range guinea fowl started following him home.

He came by way of a trainer Merry and I know; she heard of my plight and suggested that Sam and I might be the right match, since I want a pal as much as a show horse and Sam needed a mom of his own as much as someone to teach him to be a show horse. So … Sam has found his home at last.

As my very British mum-in-law said, “I hope he realizes that his butt has well and truly landed in the butter.” Given how he already follows me around and nudges for treats, I kinda think he does.

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

So he wasn’t a Christmas pony –

He can be a Valentine’s Day horse! (close enough).

Congrats to you both.

I ended up with my boy for the same reason : I wanted a pal more than a show horse and he needed a mom to teach him to be something other than a race horse.

It was love at first sight (and ride!).

Pics please!

:::waves::: Welcome Sam!

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
Valerie’s home page

That’s great Beezer!

I’m sure you two will be a great pair! It sure sounds like you are perfectly matched.

Actually his loyal, friendly personality reminds me of Sam Gamgee from the LOTR - wonder if that’s who he was named after?

Yay Sam! clap clap clap clap

Congrats Beezer! So… where are the pictures?

<Post tie-back Surgery: 22 days until he can neigh and be turned out>

Show horse is easy to find or make; pal is much harder. Congratulations on finding Samster.

I shall sit here quietly at my computer at work until you post some pictures.
xoxox

[This message was edited by elizabeth on Feb. 08, 2002 at 11:50 AM.]

Ben is very glad to know that he isn’t the only nice QH that had never landed anywhere for very long until he landed with his mom. (6 homes before he was 3 1/2, and only one for the last five years ) Lots of luck with Sam – he sounds wonderful!

Libby (who would like permission to adopt your mum-in-law’s expression)
&
Ben (who was quite hidden gem, but would definitely have taken a look or two at that sofa)

Congratulations and Best Wishes to you both. I’m sure that you’ll be very happy spoiling each other.

I had a great quarter horse with a similar history for 16 years before he died (though he looked like a thoroughbred). He was green at first, but his attitude and ability to learn made him a wonderful horse.

I’m sure you’ll really be thrilled with Sam!

Proud member of the She-woman Bull Snap Haters clique.

And the picture is where???

Sounds like he has found his niche. Like findin’ a prince you know, have to kiss alot of frogs.

We await the progress reports.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

That is wonderful news Beezer! I’m so glad to hear that you and Sam found each other. Sounds like a perfect match!

visit www.victorianfarms.com

I’ve said it before… I’ll say it again… PICTURES!!!

Again, mucho congrats Beezer (even if you weren’t willing to take RV off my hands that day… Just as well, his stock is back up again )

[I]"You can pretend to be serious; you can’t pretend to be witty. "

• Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *[/I]

Willa, the original (aka “queen” or “ruling”) baymare, says that Appendix horses RULE.

Also, she has during her lifetime not only not spooked at the couch in the yard, but actually jumped it, no questions asked.

May you have a long and illustrious relationship with your new buddy!

Sem, this be your cyber friend Willem und I be in Huntington Beach. I don’t nott to haff meeted your modder yet, aber I loff your Tante Merry verrie much und we haff exchanged mannie kisses.

Sem, mebbe your modder she spell your name wrong, what be this Sam stuff? If you want die A-Merican peoples to say it die Merican way, you haff to spell it Saaaaaaaaam. Die German way I am pronouncing it, wot be correct, it be Sem.

I be a German horse und this be straight from mein mouth.