Unlimited access >

Please say a cyber hello to the horse who came to stay.

I just wanted to share a little family news with my BB friends: I have a new horse.

For those of you who haven’t been keeping up with the “Baby Green Support Group” thread (and who can blame you?), my sweet and pretty homebred youngster – Tigger, he of the perpetual injuries and soundness problems – was recently diagnosed with ringbone in all four feet. So he is now a pet/riding horse and won’t ever be my next show horse.

Enter Sam, the horse no one – for no good reason – wanted. As his someday-show name of True Story would indicate, he took a long and winding path on his way to me. He is a big (as in tank), solid (well, except for a tiny star) black, appendix Quarter Horse who has never had much luck landing in one place very long (except for a pasture). He knows almost nothing, and what little he does know is the wrong almost nothing. But we’re working on that.

He is very sweet, very kind, and while he is clueless, he tries really really hard … you just kinda have to like a horse who, while out on a trial trail ride, was the only horse who didn’t freak out over the sofa in a neighbor’s front yard or launch into a panic attack when a herd of free-range guinea fowl started following him home.

He came by way of a trainer Merry and I know; she heard of my plight and suggested that Sam and I might be the right match, since I want a pal as much as a show horse and Sam needed a mom of his own as much as someone to teach him to be a show horse. So … Sam has found his home at last.

As my very British mum-in-law said, “I hope he realizes that his butt has well and truly landed in the butter.” Given how he already follows me around and nudges for treats, I kinda think he does.

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

Hello Sam! Anxiously awaiting a picture!

Welcome!

Entirely due to the rumour that he is destined to be MY surprise gift horse!

Guilty of not keeping up with the baby greenie support topic (It would seem that Wings’ must be ridden to qualify me for posting )

Sam sounds wonderful. Merry, you can be relied upon, post some pics for us, please!

Yay Beezer!!! Congratulations - we want pictures of Sam…and what is his nickname going to be? Sambola?

“It’s amazing how there’s no time to do it right the first time but always time to do it over again.”

Beezer, I’m so glad the it’s now official - Sam is yours. It sure sounds like a match made in heaven and I’m sure you both will be happy.

Now, I suggest that it’s time you and Merry pool your pennies and get a digital camera. We get to see too few pictures of your horses, actually almost none.

The excuses seem to be endless - the “real” pictures are on a roll that isn’t finished; the roll has to be developed; we don’t have a scanner; on and on. So, just do it!

Cheers, Maggi

I’ll volunteer to take a snapshot this weekend and post it. I promise. Of course, that may also be the moment that I ride off into the sunset with Sam! I almost went and got him for Beezer on Christmas Eve and tied a big red bow around his neck. But then I thought, “What if she doesn’t like him?”

How would I describe him… hmmmm… He looks exactly like the perfect horse for a Canadian Mountie.

“You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.” – The Sundance Kid

Yeah Beezer and Sam!!! Can’t wait to see the pictures!!!

I leased a wonderful big black Appendix QH named “Wil” a couple years ago. He was a total sweetheart.

PICTURES!!! WE WANT PICTURES!!!

BARB*

House hunting on Long Island…we’re looking at cardboard boxes…since that’s all we can afford in a nice area…:slight_smile:

Congratulations to Sam and Beezer!! I think the QH is a wonderful breed; and black is a great color. Pictures, please pretty please!! I’d add many smiley faces if I could figure out how.

Welcome Sam

Kinda like the story of Black Beauty Beezer. Only he’s not a carriage horse…?? Only his name is Sam, Tigger can be his Merry Legs or does Rancho have one of these?

Sounds like Sam has found a great home and I am sure you are going to have lots of great adventures together - and that he’ll give you plenty of material to post on Baby Greenies…

Looking forward to seeing his pictures!

“Of course, that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.” - Dennis Miller

And Merry and I promise that we will get pictures soon … we were going to this weekend, but it was so dang windy out here that the camera kept blowing out of our hands!! We do actually have a digital camera … Beezer bought it awhile ago for Mr. Beezer because he just had to have one. Notice that it is still sitting safely and quietly in its box.

And, yes, Hey You Nags, Tigger the wonder horse has ringbone in all four feet. Cutest kid in the world and he has this happen. I still can’t quite bring myself to really accept it.

Anyway, we will get pictures of Sam. (His name, when he arrived, was Sinclair. Why, I dunno. But he just looks so much more like a Sam. ) I’m a big believer in fate and all that karma stuff; things work out like they are supposed to … and Sam was supposed to find me.

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

You and Sam are fated, Beezer!

What a sweet horse he sounds. Man, there isn’t anything greater than a horse who really tries.

Congrats to you; congrats to Sam!

Dis is Beezer da terrier NOT Beezer yur mom. Ain’t it great to find da right home? Ain’t life grand wen yous do?

I know dat you and Beezer (mom, not Beezer da dog) will be hairy, hairy happy togedda. I is wishin yous was here or dat I was in CA so I could stand in yous paddock and bark at you.

Besta luck in yous new home.
da Beez

I sound the alarm
Big black horse come to kill all
BARK BARK, BARK BARK BARK!

~Kryswyn~
“Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo”

Ringbone in all four feet?? That is just… just… no fair!

Congratulations on the Samster, though. Sounds like an earnest, honest guy.

That name “Sinclair” on a black QH rings a bell in my mind.
I have no idea why though.
Must be the concussion

“Have You Hugged Your Trainer Today?”

<<<<<<welcome Sam>>>>>>
Of course I wont be satisfied 'til I see a photo!

BEQS clique
Resident racing historian
The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We have a long way to go and lots to work on (heck, poor Sam is not even nearly as far along as Tigger!) but he is sweet and kind and we will get there.

After all, getting there is most of the fun! (Uh … right? )

I’m so happy for Sam!! PIX, PIX, PIX!!
A sofa in the yard? I thought even in California they didn’t allow that kind of thing.

" Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."
–Emerson