Unlimited access >

Pneumonia NEG for Covid 19 but I have CLL

I’ve not been tested for antibodies because as you note, the tests aren’t very reliable. Our family went to Disney World in late Jan and several of us came down with flu like symptoms but no one was really sick. Since then I am the only one to get really sick and the pneumonia was really hard to get rid of

I actually feel really good. I have energy and since the last round of antibiotics I’m not coughing nearly as much and not wheezing at all. The pulmonologist said I have really great lung function so he could remove a lung if needed !!! If it weren’t for the CT’s and blood tests I wouldn’t believe there was anything wrong.

I shouldn’t have watched the Youtube video of theCT guided lung biopsy…and that guy didn’t have to lie on his stomach!

I hope you continue to recover, in the general scheme of things I know I got off easily.

yes

I deleted my snarky response, I am sorry if you saw it. I’m kinda freaked out about it.

I’m so sorry.
Freaking out is okay, as is snark, you’re entitled to a little sass given all you’ve been through!

My BF had it and lived another 20 years after diagnosed.
Dr told him if you have to have cancer, this is the best one to get.
It’s still yuck, but better than any other cancers.

And I’m rooting for you, putting a prayer in for you with a side order of comfort.
Give any pets a good squeeze they’ll understand.
i am pet free at the moment so say hello to the birds and the cheeky squirrels for comfort.

2 Likes

Thanks. I feel good. It’s so weird. I feel good…and I have cancer. It looks like I have had it for 3 years, going through some old records. I keep telling myself that the only thing that has changed is that I now know I have cancer.

My mare Sophie has been really clingy the past few weeks.

I hope you kick cancer’s butt. Glad you have comfort from Sophie.

1 Like

The lung biopsy was uncomfortable, two hours on my stomach with my arms over my head but it just showed inflammatory cells, no cancer. They took 10 samples!

So I went to the hematologist Monday and they are pretty sure I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. There Is a slight possibility of non Hodgkin lymphoma.

I feel fine, waiting on the results of the blood work. Not what I was expecting when I got pneumonia.

I had missed this thread, wow, sorry you had to go thru all that.
10 samples! Did they left enough lung to breathe with?

Seriously, are you sore?

Once lab determines which kind/s you have, today they have very good treatments for some of those.

Jingles you have the slow to reproduce kind.

1 Like

No, not sore for more than a day or 2, they were needle biopsies though sometimes they take so much blood I wonder! The worst of it was my shoulders which hurt from my ears to my fingers by the end of it.

In general CLL is pretty managable though the doctor told me NOT to get COVID.

Sophie has been out of work for 6 months so I had my trainer longe her(!) and ride then I rode for about 10 min. I had my trainer keep us on the longe because I didn’t know how much I was going to be able to do…and what Sophie was going to do…but it went well.

It’s been a tough summer with the heat and the sinus issues that seem to go along with CLL but things are looking up.

Next blood work Nov 9, possible chest CT before then.

2 Likes

It’s great that you were able to get out and have a go. Healthy wishes sent your way.:yes:

1 Like

Thanks. It was good to get back on. WOOHOO, I did 2 17 m circles sitting trot…well half power but…

Beats the hell out of doing nothing, right? :winkgrin:

1 Like

And feeling like crap. Stock up on TP? Heck, I have to stock up on Kleenex