Unlimited access >

POA for sale. Your thoughts? (Not my POA but I wish ...)

WHAT was that?!

What was any prospective buyer supposed to get out of that?

Granted, I could only watch about 3 minutes of the pony being jumped over and over, but - I mean, I guess he seems like a good egg, but he’s on the forehand and without any connection, how are we supposed to know how he really moves?

3 Likes

Nice little stock horse type that can take a joke.

Appalling riding by a beginner, I assume. Someone who doesn’t know what they don’t know and feels this is ok for public viewing.

I would go look at this pony for a kids horse.

7 Likes

I would like to go rescue her from those humans and put her in a knowledgeable home with a good little rider and a trainer.

3 Likes

Would not believe anything that was said about the horse. The person keeps changing her business name because there is a reputation. Sold her a horse that she had on her site before the horse was even delivered to her.

Says Leopard Appaloosa on the video header, so probably a horse in registration, not a POA, though she doesn’t look very tall.

Looks like a VERY amiable sort, willing, takes abuse without getting crabby. No refusals despite poor pre-jump setup or too slow in speed. Very good points to start with on any equine!

I would definately go look if I needed a small equine for a kid or beginner.

3 Likes

@Luseride Thank you for the warning! Always good to hear from someone familiar with the seller!!

3 Likes

Just watched first few jumps.
The rider is getting left behind every jump, doesn’t know how to jump.
No telling how the horse would jump with someone going along with it, not hindering it.

4 Likes

I really like appy ponies, but I’m betting this is deliberately terrible riding to “sell” the horse as a “saint.” Which suggests the seller isn’t great. It’s one thing to show a horse with a beginner in a sale ad; you don’t need to abuse the horse again and again with riding that would cause a decent instructor to intervene and say “stop.”

That being said I do know someone who bought a wonderful dressage/eventer ridden by a guy in a Western saddle in a field when she went to go look at him.

1 Like

I see a small appaloosa( small horse or POA makes no difference) who is doing what is asked by a very bad rider! She looks sound? willing, a saint of a temperament and does it all with just a rope around her neck.

I would snap her up. In regards to soundness–Does anyone see something "off " behind when she is trotting??

4 Likes

Definitely a horse that can take a joke.

1 Like

Knowing they are horse dealers changes my reading of the situation. I was thinking backyard pony ridden by some random beginner.

1 Like

If I was looking, I’d run for this pony.
And I found it a Good Thing the Clueless O/F rider was bridleless.
Was that a neckrope or halter?
Beats floating pony’s teeth over every jump.

2 Likes

So was I. Looked like a family with some cattle. Glad @Luseride chimed in.

Why is it that so often the arenas displaying the most flags have some of the worst riders? They should take as much real pride in their horses and their own riding.

Ah. Here I was about to go to bat for the backyard riders, as that’s how I started (poor kid probs).

Woof. That’s all I have to say. I would buy that pony though. He’s a SAINT.

3 Likes

I had a similar thread/topic removed because

We removed your thread regarding a foal for sale to comply with the site’s no-advertising policies (no specifics about horses available for sale, regardless of affiliation).

2 Likes

Pony looks cute and very willing. I don’t prefer her color pattern/markings, at all, but she will appeal to many other people who do. Extremely long cringy video that I couldn’t stand to watch in its entirety only gave me too many opportunities to question her soundness. Weird behind sometimes and nearly trips up front too many times. Might just need some routine maintenance or some farrier work to go sound enough to pass for sound enough for a job. But who knows. She looks like a very good pony, really, and I hope she finds the right next home.

Does not appear to come with any POA or Appy registration. I do not doubt that she was registered with one or the other at some point. Given her color, it might not even be too hard to get her into those show rings even with at her age with zero pedigree/dna etc. USEF pony card doesn’t appear to be a problem for her, as she looks 14 hands or under to me, so would also be in her favor, if proven. *I eyeball pony height as well as anyone who hasn’t been in the fancy pony biz, haha, by which I mean I am terrible at it. She looks safe enough, moves well enough, and is consistent enough to do well locally and at lower levels in many beginner lesson/lease programs, I think.

In this market, 8.5K doesn’t even sound very overpriced to me, honestly. Unless there is something glaring IRL or on PPE etc.

Now, a comment on the dealer. I have never heard of her. It pretty clear she is just a high volume horse dealer because she has no farm name, the generic business name ever like horsesandponiesforsale.com or some crap like that is so dumb I can’t even remember it from 10 minutes ago, and also goes out of her way to not attach her name to it all. Large volume and a very interesting variety of animals for sale. But the most interesting thing I found about this dealer is how every single one of her 30 something horses/ponies for sale at them moment are quiet (even helpfully described by vet in very clinical terms such as “like a teddy bear…”) and healthy and sound as a part of some sketchy “performance evaluation” by the same veterinarian for every single horse. Seriously. Find me a collection of 25-30 horses anywhere ever on this entire planet* who all flex neg on all legs/joints. Give me a freaking break. Just take a look at the website and scroll down to bottom of photos for each horse to take a look at that scammy form. I don’t care about much the sketchy dealer seller person. But that vet should be ashamed.

2 Likes

That was hard to fast-forward thru, let alone watch in entirety.
Saintly horse but sheesh…and these are dealers who can’t put together a better sale ad?

My heart hopes for a soft landing for the pony.

4 Likes