Unlimited access >

pole barn color....help

Definitely going with rustic red as the main color…for wainscoting, roof and corner trim…do I pick

Charcoal gray
Or
Hunter green.

Windows ( with grids) and overhead doors are white

Help!

I vote charcoal grey. How exciting to get a new barn!

Another vote for charcoal grey. Red and green sounds a little Christmas like and maybe something you might tire of? Are the whole overhead doors white or just the trim? Why not make them in matching grey?

The doors are all white with a row of windows. Building will be 30 ×50. Long side has 5 white 3x3 windows. Short side 1 has a white entry door and a 6x3 window with white grid lines. Long side 2 has 1 10x10 overhead door with a row of windows. Short side 2 has a 10x10 overhead door with windows…

Definitely charcoal over any green.

Gray or tan.

the overhead doors… there are about a zillion color whites they can come in ranging from bright to matt… if possible review an installed one of the color before deciding. These doors do come in many different colors such as gray or even red also

If done correctly the doors will be commercial grade, if you automate these doors have the installed add a second set of safety eyes at about 30 inches (or what ever would be appropriate for your equipment) as the mandated safety eyes are to be mounted no higher than 6 inches which would be under tractors or whatever

Gray, definitely.

See, now here I am a New Englander, thinking green would be nice and cheerful in the winter :).

I agree that gray would be preferable to green. Our barn and other outbuildings are all rustic red with deep brown trim “burnished slate,” which is a dark grey/brown, not a chocolate brown.

Another vote for Charcoal Gray here!!:yes:

Initially I was inclined to say gray for sure. But then I looked at rustic red at Sherwin Williams and it is a darker, more browny toned red than a Christmas red, so I think the green might look pretty striking with it (if that is the type of rustic red you mean). A really dark green roof, with the rustic red body and white windows and doors – that might be pretty nice and doesn’t say Christmas to me. But I like the gray too…so I’m no help!

We went with the charcoal! I was having a hard time picking…but all your confidence in it helped. Thank you!