Unlimited access >

Pony Club - Attire Question

So, I recently joined pony club and we start our mounted meetings next week and I was wondering what is the typical attire for a mounted meeting/lesson? How formal should I be? It’s supposed to be 20-30 degrees so here’s what I was thinking of doing, but correct me if I should do anything else:
Medical Armband + Helmet + Gloves (obviously)
Black Winter Coat (Patagonia Down Sweater)
Navy or Tan Breeches, not sure of how formal I should be
tall boots,
and a black saddle pad. (my horse is grey and white makes her look extremely dirty currently as it’s winter)
Anything else I should address or change? I’m super green to this so
any help would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=iamanequestrian;8540979]
So, I recently joined pony club and we start our mounted meetings next week and I was wondering what is the typical attire for a mounted meeting/lesson? How formal should I be? It’s supposed to be 20-30 degrees so here’s what I was thinking of doing, but correct me if I should do anything else:
Medical Armband + Helmet + Gloves (obviously)
Black Winter Coat (Patagonia Down Sweater)
Navy or Tan Breeches, not sure of how formal I should be
tall boots,
and a black saddle pad. (my horse is grey and white makes her look extremely dirty currently as it’s winter)
Anything else I should address or change? I’m super green to this si any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I’d ask your DC what is expected. In both clubs my daughter participates in, your attire is perfectly acceptable. If you ride in tall boots - ride in them if you wish. We have kids who ride in boots and some in half chaps. Other than that- you have everything you need from your post. Enjoy.

You should be fine with that-- either color of breeches should be okay, and tidy fitted layers appropriate for the weather should be fine-- do make sure you can take off a layer because you might get warm while riding. Clean and workmanlike is key-- make sure your tack is clean and safe (leather in good condition and stitching intact) and your horse is as clean as you can reasonably manage.

You should be fine, but it can’t hurt to ask as clubs will vary on how strict they are on such things. In our club, it’s very casual, and your attire would be just fine. We have one instructor who wants the kids in shirts tucked in, but the other doesn’t seem to care. The only thing you might add is a belt if your pants have belt loops.

You will have stricter rules on attire if you go to a rally, and will have to dress properly in formal or informal attire (there is a chart in the horse management rulebook that gives all the specifications for each type).

You should be fine with the attire you have planned. Just make sure you wear a belt and shirt is tucked in. Any questions it’s always best to ask the person in charge of planning the mounted meeting or older members in your club to be sure.

As said turn out varies from club to club. For informal mounted meetings, clean tack, and pony. Serviceable breeches, boots or half chaps ,unless you’re still young enough to ride in jods. A properly dated helmet, gloves are helpful,saddle pad can be black. :wink: Have fun!

Also make sure your tack is clean and in good repair. No loosestitching on stirrup leathers. Horse should be turned out for a clinic. Tail brushed, eyes, nose, and dock wiped. Mane pulled, hoof oil on. Only use polo wraps if you are able to do it properly.

Also make sure your tack is clean and in good repair. No loosestitching on stirrup leathers. Horse should be turned out for a clinic. Tail brushed, eyes, nose, and dock wiped. Mane pulled, hoof oil on. Only use polo wraps if you are able to do it properly.

[QUOTE=pacific_jumper;8542676]
Also make sure your tack is clean and in good repair. No loosestitching on stirrup leathers. Horse should be turned out for a clinic. Tail brushed, eyes, nose, and dock wiped. Mane pulled, hoof oil on. Only use polo wraps if you are able to do it properly.[/QUOTE]

Yes. And depending on your level, be able to answer why you use the polos (if your horse over reaches etc and why you ride in X bit).

Well, the weather just changed. It’s going to be like 40-50 now, is a purple EIS too unprofessional or should I just go with a black 1/4 zip? Sorry I’m so unsure, it’s just I’m like one of the only ones in my club with an Arab so we already stick out so I don’t want it to be super awkward ??

Go with the black. And relax!

Make sure your helmet is approved. I think it needs to be less than 5 years old.