Unlimited access >

Pony has Euroriding Luxor, anyone here know anything about them? Adjustability, etc?

I have been looking non stop for almost two years to find something to fit my very wide mutton withered short backed 14h Lipizzan pony mare. When I would find something that might work for her, it didn’t work for me, because I have neck/back issues, and a long femur that’s hard to fit… I have been riding her in an XW Lovatt and Rickett Ellipse but I had been getting the feeling that it digging into her shoulders, and it wasn’t helping my ride much.

I took a chance on a well used Euroriding Luxor on Ebay, and it looks like a great fit for her wide front,and short back. As soon as I sat in it, I loved it. 17", measures about 16" from middle of dot to back of cantle, but with the high short thigh roll, it put my leg right where it should be without effort and had a full hand or more behind my tush. Seat is soft and comfy, and I could easily find my balance and support her.

I may need it widened slightly, and maybe flocked to fit, it says ‘Spring Tree Made in England’ so would a good saddler with a press be able to widen it a smidge? I wonder if there is anyone in the U.S. familiar with these saddles?

Yea! I’m glad you found something that seems like it will work for both of you. Try Kate at http://www.dutchessbridlesaddle.com/. I’ve used her in the past and have been very happy with her work. Also, Paula Cahill has Gary Severson out a few times a year to do on-site adjustments in East Aurora. You may want to ask her when he is coming next.

http://thetackguide.com/new-saddle-feature/euroriding

I test rode the Euroriding Luxor model. I thought it was comfortable but a little too bouncy; it was like riding on a beach ball. It did fit my short-backed horse well.

i picked up a Euroriding Diamant dressage saddle really cheaply,it doesn’t fit my guy quite as well as my other saddle,but i really like it and how it rides.so it is staying in my tack room as a back up!

Thanks, guys…This saddle is probably the best I’ve found after 30-40 saddles on her. I thought I would never find something to fit her that agreed with me. Scandias, I didn’t find it bouncy at all. She tends to be a bit bouncy because she’s young yet and gets quick, in other saddles I found myself not able to stay with her, but this one allowed me to control the pace and stay in balance. The seat is so darned cushy, too, it just felt like home once I slid into it! Unfortunately, a wheelbarrow put my collar bone out of place, so can’t ride in it again til I get an adjustment!