Unlimited access >

pony hunter riders looking for Florida opportunities

I have 2 pony hunter riders (10 and 12) who show on the A circuit in Quebec and Ontario (season starting from May-up to RAWF in Nov). We spend part of our winter in Ocala and Venice areas with family and I am looking for opportunities for the girls to be able to ride/show etc. while in Florida (we do not bring our own ponies down at present). Would love to make contact with barn(s) in either Ocala or Venice areas that are open to new students/clients/pony catch riders who are seasonal. Videos of riding available as an introduction, riders can show from smalls to larges. We presently come down for a couple weeks during HITS (as well as 2 weeks during December), but are potentially considering longer. Any suggestions of where to start the search process very much appreciated!

Drat. If only you were coming further south! We have 2 smalls, a med, and a large looking for riders this season in Wellington. Off the top of my head, I’m thinking maybe a post on the HITS fb page, if they allow? Good luck in your search!

Thanks very much! Drat indeed! We used to actually stay near Wellington each year before my sister moved to Ocala area–still have friends in the area so if we are able to come out that way will get in touch! :slight_smile:

If you have a shipper, we have a large green in AL that needs show miles. She’s not easy and we can’t pay your show fees, but won the hack in Ocala a few times and will generally place. Should qualify down there. She’s a sales horse, so obviously she’d need to be marketed, but we could easily do a free lease and cover most of her stabling fees for you. PM me.

I have a nice medium jumper pony (very experienced) in the Sarasota area

Are you looking to pay expenses to show them or a straight catch (free)ride?

Thanks hunterrider23, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full

[QUOTE=kingstonrider;7882806]
Thanks hunterrider23, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full[/QUOTE]

I cleared it!

I have a green large that would do well with an experienced rider. She’s in Bradenton and can be shipped to Venice to show at the winter Fox Lea shows. Willing to send her to Wellington but rider pays all fees. She’s not easy, needs a tactful rider, but extremely fancy and will place with a good rider.

Check with Jamie Terhune in Ocala. You can find her on Facebook.

Hi I am looking for a Green pony for my daughter. We live in the Indianapolis, In area. She rides with a great trainer at a great barn. She is curently riding in 2’6- 2’9 but is ready to move up. We travel to the zone 5 shows. Would love to see the pony for a care lease and possible purchase. Can you send video?

[QUOTE=csmoncrief269;7888532]
Hi I am looking for a Green pony for my daughter. We live in the Indianapolis, In area. She rides with a great trainer at a great barn. She is curently riding in 2’6- 2’9 but is ready to move up. We travel to the zone 5 shows. Would love to see the pony for a care lease and possible purchase. Can you send video?[/QUOTE]

Which barn are you at (I am guessing up North). Is your daughter interested in catch riding a fancy green small (size and age-wise)? I’ve been up to see a great trainer up North a few times so PM me. I need a good pony rider and all our jocks are back East.

Hi! I fit on smalls mediums and larges. But as I’m 13 and 4’11 I am not allowed to ride small regulars. I have brought along many green ponies and I am comfortably jumping up to 3’3! Are you still looking for riders?