Unlimited access >

Poolesville area places to board

Hi! Would love feedback on the following barns for boarding a young jumper but also somewhere that has consistent training throughout the year without the need to travel frequently. Seeking a show barn with nice facilities that doesn’t take itself too seriously and is okay with riders staying behind if they can’t do more than around 6-8 shows per year.

Beyond a Bay
CB Farm
JetStone
Centurion

Any others? Even northern Virginia could be good, too.

Thank you!

Alan Lohman

1 Like

Thanks!

Alan is great. Might be more than you need based on your description. I’d try Beyond a Bay (Barbie Burns). Her folks seem like a great and friendly group. It’s a very horsey area. Doubt you’d need to go to Northern VA for what you need but there are also a ton of options there.

1 Like

Alan and Barbie are both great. Alan is not home a lot and I’m not sure who teaches when he is gone, but it’s a gorgeous facility and really nice people. Barbie and crew show a lot but sometimes only go for a day or two to the more local shows so are pretty flexible. It’s a great group of people.

Dorna Taintor in NoVa meets your criteria too, although only offers full training board. Also has a great facility.

Thanks so much. Leaning towards Barbie’s! Centurion’s facilities are so beautiful though. Thanks again.

I’d keep Centurion on your list too… You have a great list, and from I hear/know CB Farm, Beyond a Bay(Barbie), Alan Lohman, and Centurion all have clients that have been with them a long time - which IMO says a lot about the trainer, facility, and care. You have a good list which sounds like each check off your requirements.

For me, as a working adult w/o telework, its also important to me to have people who ride late afternoon/evenings too as my barn is another social network for me.