Unlimited access >

Portia Would Like Some Admiration, Please

The Portia princess is so lovely!!!

Mickey wants to know if she’ll be his girlfriend - all the ladies love Mickey and he doesn’t play favorites!

And, he’s got the forelock to match!

“It’s amazing how there’s no time to do it right the first time but always time to do it over again.”

Leave Portia in my backyard and I will leave the money in a brown paper bag next to your mailbox. I’m kidding =) You have one heck of a horse on your hands there! Fabulous knees!

Sgray - you beat me to it!!

While we can all admire the lovely Portia (great pic!), methinks the REAL purpose of this thread was to compliment Portia-Mom on her somewhat belated technical skills!

Also - major happy thoughts about your good progress on the injury!!

*** Speak yer mind… But ride a fast horse… ***

if Portia has a boyfriend.

" Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."
–Emerson

Portia is lovely as can be!! I noticed you plastered her picture over on Willem’s thread. How could he resist her charms I wonder?

Sorry it looked like I went off and abandoned the thread. I had a two-day seminar last Thursday and Friday and was busy all weekend.

I will report all of your admiration to Miss Portia and tell her that she must now continue to live up to it. She does love jumping. She agrees with you all that her forelock is lovely and should never be touched – and yes, her delicate little warmblood ears do manage to poke their way through it somehow.

BTW, she is going for walks now, if you can say that having a ticking time bomb on the end of a rope going for a walk. If the 30-day tranq doesn’t kick in soon, it will be time to break out the Ace so she can start getting turned out (much less sat on) again without doing damage to herself or the property.

I’ve had the HP scanner sitting on the top shelf of my computer armoire for a full year now, and last night I finally ran the software, plugged it in, and figured out how to use it. So, now, as a proud Horse Mom, I shall inflict upon you all the photo I managed to scan –

Portia and Trainer Jo in the High Schooling Jumpers at the Christmas Show in San Antonio, December 2001.

By the way, as I posted on the People with Injured Horses Clique thread, Portia had her follow up ultrasound yesterday on her pulled inferior check ligament (which she did a few weeks after this photo was taken), and there’s not a trace of injury left. Her check is exactly the right size and right appearance, as if nothing ever happened. So we don’t have to go through the “rehab the injured ligament/tendon” protocol – just put her back to work slowly like we would any horse who have been off for several weeks. If all continues to go well (knock wood fingers crossed prayers to the horse gods) she should be back in full work and ready to do the last week of Pin Oak at the end of March.

I had to brag a little, didn’t I?

S., that was Jo’s comment when she saw the photo too – “oooh, Portia looks great! But what the hell happened to my legs?” This was the best one of Portia though, and in Jo’s defense, Portia does have quite a powerful jump over something like this triple-bar.

Gorgeous!!!

And I love the forelock too - never pull it! Divas are so in, anyway

Tell us all, was it starting the rule book reorganization that drove you to finally play with the scanner???

“It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that
matters, in the end.”
-Ursula K. Le Guin

She is simply GORGEOUS!!! Look at those knees will you?!! I must say that Carlton may have to pay a visit over to Tex-Over Farms and meet this mighty Diva!!

Mucho congratulations on your year-end awards!!!

Sue & Carl

Member Of The Texas Clique & BEQS

Beautiful! SUPER fancy, even. You know, I kept telling myself that if I stayed at the giant law firm, I could get a superstar . . . but when the heck do you have time to ride it!!!

So good with her knees Maddie has quite a bit to look up to!

Tres cool picture, Portia! I love Gramento’s forelock au natural too - not sure what we’ll do when he moves up to a rated division and needs it braided. And Congrats on your techno-wizardry!

Portia, how beautiful! What a grownup she’s turned into, huh? And Jo is right - do not pull that forelock!! Portia and Rio can have a contest.

btw - Rio got an A+ on his checkup Monday too!

Great picture! And congratulations on your growing technological skills!

I love the flying forelock. I never pull any of my horse’s forelocks (of course, Chrissy’s does not grow). The pony’s forelock goes down to her nostrils.

I could not help but notice how Portia’s oh-so-elegant warmblood mare ears still manage to poke their way through the Andalusian hairstyle ;p!

Nina

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dqwannabe:
You know, I kept telling myself that if I stayed at the giant law firm, I could get a superstar . . . but when the heck do you have time to ride it!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, yes, that’s the problem! Working for the MegaFirm gives me enough money to afford to get and keep the horses, but takes away the time I want to spend with them! (Though I did buy her as a long yearling, so got her relatively cheap )

Where is that Mega-Wealthy Man I was supposed to marry?

Great picture Portia!!

Love the “flying forelock” effect - gives it a real action (and diva ) feeling

What a pretty girl

What a beautiful jumper!

As for braiding long/thick forelocks, it is possible! I, too, love the look of a great forelock, and refuse to pull Tristan’s. You just braid it normally, tuck it up, and then tuck it up again. Looks like a normal forelock when braided, and you get the cool look and bug protection the other 350 days a year.

I did have to trim Tristan’s last month, though. He got a scratch on his eye (darn burrs) that just wouldn’t heal because his hair kept getting stuck to it. I trimmed it to just above his eyes, and it is growing back quickly

~“Ever get the feeling that life is a game of musical chairs, and the music has stopped playing, and we’re the only ones left without chairs?”

Of course Portia has a boyfriend - Lucien!

I, for one, LOVE Portia’s forelock!

(I saw her at that show BTW! Not showing, just in her stall. What a doll!)

I don’t want to see my horse again!!!