Unlimited access >

Portia Would Like Some Admiration, Please

I’ve had the HP scanner sitting on the top shelf of my computer armoire for a full year now, and last night I finally ran the software, plugged it in, and figured out how to use it. So, now, as a proud Horse Mom, I shall inflict upon you all the photo I managed to scan –

Portia and Trainer Jo in the High Schooling Jumpers at the Christmas Show in San Antonio, December 2001.

By the way, as I posted on the People with Injured Horses Clique thread, Portia had her follow up ultrasound yesterday on her pulled inferior check ligament (which she did a few weeks after this photo was taken), and there’s not a trace of injury left. Her check is exactly the right size and right appearance, as if nothing ever happened. So we don’t have to go through the “rehab the injured ligament/tendon” protocol – just put her back to work slowly like we would any horse who have been off for several weeks. If all continues to go well (knock wood fingers crossed prayers to the horse gods) she should be back in full work and ready to do the last week of Pin Oak at the end of March.

You are so beautiful. If I were not in love with my dear Miss Promise, and, of course totally dedicated to her, I would fall on my arthritic old knees and beg you to be mine!

What a lovely girl - complete with, as Jair noted, Diva-esque forelock. She looks like an awesome jumper, Portia.

When you have time, BTW, think you can swing on by and re-format my hard drive?

I see Portia and Lucien as more of a brother-sister sibiling rivalry type deal. You know, cuz Portia can be snotty and say to Lucien… “Mom likes me more cuz she made HER screen name after ME!”

She is precious! She looks wonderful, I wish I saw her at the X-Mas show…I had to watch the ponies though, lol. My mare has the forelock too…it flips behind her ears when Im riding, hehe.

• We Ride and Never Worry 'Bout the Fall, Guess thats Just the Cowboy In Us All -
  • For the Little Girl who would Rather Jump Fences then Skip Rope -

Can’t you hit up some stud on the BB? I’m sure Jair and Robby would keep you in the manner to which you could easily become accustomed.

Jo won’t let me pull the forelock. She likes the Andalusian Throwback look, too.

BostonBanker - my son rode a pony named “Lady Roxanne” in his first leadline…She needed THREE braids in her forelock because it was so thick!!! You should have seen her tail!

Portia says thank you all for the admiration. You know how it is when a girl has had to be out of the spotlight for a few weeks. As a True Diva, she requires regular affirmation of her magnificence.

As dareacres (Thank you, Pam) said, last Saturday Portia got her year-end award for being GHHJA Open Jumper Champion, and she was very pleased with the long ribbon and big silver plate. However, she really liked the wool sheet that has “Champion” emboridered on it. She can’t wait to go out somewhere that she can dress up and wear it in public. She’s also looking forward to meeting her younger 1/2 sister, Pik C.

Portia also says thank you very much to Red Storm and Billy for their offers, and, no, she doesn’t have a boyfriend right now. Cameo, the gelding next door who worshipped her, moved to a new stall a few weeks ago and they no longer see each other regularly. (And we know that Willem has annoyed her greatly by refusing to acknowledge her as his only valentine.) She has been sadly lacking in male worship recently, adding to her annoyance. A Diva must have the proper attention paid to her, after all!

Jo is right, Portia’s and Lucien’s relationship is more that of siblings, and they have been feuding recently. Portia has been restless and in a bad mood at being stuck in her stall while Lucien gets to go out, and Lu doesn’t like that she has been getting more treats through her Amazing Graze treat dispenser/anti-boredom toy. They fuss at each other through the heavy wire partition between their stalls every time Lu gets put back in his stall. Now that her confinement is ending, however, they should go back to being friends most of the time.

I dunno. Could the mare be any tighter with her knees? And does she look like she enjoys her job or what? Man, I’ll bet she’s a blast to ride!

“You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.” – The Sundance Kid

I’m in love with any and all greys. Don’t care if they are almost black to flea-bitten or almost white. Also doesn’t matter if they be equine species or human either.

msj

Loved the photo of Portia. She has her legs tucked up so nice and tight. I sure hope my Pik C can jump like that when she is started later this year! Yippee! Oh, and congrats on your end of year award with her in GH circuit. Pam

Gorgeous, but I’m biased… She could be my jumper’s twin!

Merry took my line about her knees. OMG. I have always been a sucker for a gray.

We will be expecting more photo ops know that you are the techno wizard.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

now why did you post a pic. with Jo’s feet at Portia’s flanks? Jo doesn’t ride like that!

Portia, of course, looks gorgeous

Portia is gorgeous!!! And what a talented jumper! I am jealous!!!

visit www.victorianfarms.com

I think Portia must be related to Kennett Square.

" Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."
–Emerson

batgirl- where in CA are you?

Valerie
~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
Valerie’s home page

oh, and am VERY impressed with the techno-skills of Portia’s mom

CERTAINLY Worthy of bragging rights!! Beautiful!!!