Unlimited access >

Posture Prep = Amazing!

You are spot on!!! It will likely be somewhat painful to those who need it the most. At least at first.

I had the Graston technique done on my left ankle for some extreme scarring after three reconstructive surgeries. It hurt so bad and the PT had to go so light with the tool that I could barely feel it at first or I would cry with pain. Eventually, the PT could get in deeper and it made a HUGE difference to my recovery and mobility. I would say that if your horses are very negative to it at first, they probably need it the most. Just be patient, go light for a while. Add pressure gradually. This tool has made a big difference with all of my horses. Pledge to give it six months.

One of my young horses was abused and flipped by a colt starter. When I found out about it and he came home, all of his muscles were spasming. It has taken a year and a half (using pharmaceuticals–robaxin–chiropractic, bemer, massage and now Perfect Prep) for him to recover to the point where he is moving again like he did before he went to be started. With this guy, he danced in the cross ties the entire time I was using the PP at first. Now, he sometimes dances when I do the first 1/4 of his body and then he relaxas and drops his head. So we are still working toward complete recovery (but very close). You have to be patient. My horse that is retired and has no issues, stands still for the PP and goes to sleep. My 3 year old that has just come back from the colt starter reacts negatively when the back half of his body is being PP’d. I figure he needs it the most there, but less pressure. This doesn’t replace the Bemer. I do the Bemer after.

If your horse has tight or spasming muscles, using robaxin and PP together seems to be a good combo to get them recovered faster without as much of a pain response.

7 Likes

I bought three, one for myself/my horses, and the others as gifts.
I started to use it on my one very grouchy horse, and he was reasonably accepting, which for him is a plus. Baby steps!
I have injured my shoulder and have started to also use it on myself (the horse one) gently.

3 Likes

Dr. Bona added a gift to my order (for two human PPs) - a dog PP!

Nice little Christmas surprise :blush:

I did a jump school on Friday, and my mare was jumping out of her skin!, she’s also moving better; this thing is a miracle. Of course I am still suffering from a lot of deltoid pain from using it (I’ve been using the human one on myself to the extent that I’m able; I had my daughter work on me last night.)

One of my students has been using it on her OTTB Warhorse (he is moving more freely and stretching!, and after seeing her use it to amazing effect, 7 of her barnmates at her boarding barn bought them!!) I should be getting a kickback from Dr. Bona… :joy:

7 Likes

For sure! Huge game changer for us - old nasty deep scar on my guys hip bone being released and we have a trot under saddle thanks to you all for sharing!

@TangoCowgirl thanks for sharing those two videos - very very helpful!

3 Likes

Mine came yesterday as an early Christmas gift and I’m very excited! I want to get out and use it on my TB but could also really use it on myself first as I’m quite sore from taking a tumble off said TB a few days ago. I also want to try it on my dog. I haven’t gone through the packets that came with it but I hope there’s some info on using it on people/ dog in addition to the horse stuff (I bought the horse version).

4 Likes

My riding instructor had said she has been using the one I gave her. Her grumpy about grooming mare has loved it. She has a gelding on layup with an injury and it’s keeping him happy enough that she’s added it as an instruction line for her staff to do with him as part of his care routine.

Our instructor said last week that our mare was moving the best she’s ever seen. I’ve had to put on overreach boots. My daughter had trouble with trying to canter because the mare felt good enough to offer the hunter equivalent of tempi changes.

4 Likes

LOL! I think you already did - you got a free one! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I asked for one for Christmas for my horse and I’m crossing my fingers that it’s under the tree tomorrow. If not I’ll be ordering it for myself!!

5 Likes

I used it again on my rather grumpy-to-be-groomed stallion, and he quite liked his neck, topline and hindquarters worked on, but got grumpy with his sides, ribcage, and lower. So, more baby steps,
Because I am ‘thrifty’ I ordered 3 without instructions, but try to remember from the videos,
I wonder if there is a chart somewhere I can print out to take to the barn with me?

1 Like

Ok, I tossed one in with my recent Amazon order because it was cheap enough. I’m curious to see what my horse will think about it.

He’s fine with grooming, and not really worked aside from groundwork and long lining (rising 3 year old), but might be an interesting thing to have in my grooming box and to see his reaction.

2 Likes

I’ve been using it on a knee that’s wonky with scar tissue and today was the first time I descended stairs without stiffness. It’s also made a difference in my feet, which are more scar tissue than anything else.

9 Likes

This is great! I have remaining edema on my thigh from an injury last year, and am wondering if this might help break it down safely. I wonder if there is a particular technique that might work.

2 Likes

I got the people one for my husband for Christmas. I’ve been using it on both of us. :slight_smile: It makes my head and neck feel better in the moment, but I think they are so tight it might be a while before I see more sustained results.

4 Likes

Flagship Video with Power Point presentation with Posture Prepping, RedFlags, posture before and after photos.

2012 EQUINE WELLNESS SYMPOSIUM AT HASSLER’S DRESSAGE AT RIVEREDGE:

https://vimeo.com/67574069

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve been using the human posture prep for about a month now. Christmas Day was the first day in years that I woke up with no pain in my hip/abdomen. I’ve been able to go a couple of days without using it before I start hurting again. Last night I was able to do cobra and upward dog yoga poses without feeling any kind of pain or pulling in my abdomen and without feeling like I will black out or triggering a migraine. That was huge! I’m finally getting range of motion back that I was starting to believe would never happen.

Now: like an onion, I have a spot above my right knee and a stiff ankle that is starting to be a persistent bother. It kept me up all night because I forgot to take my nightly Ibuprofen. I’m sure that those are related to the dropped arch on that side and I’ll have to start focusing on my foot exercises.

6 Likes

This is SO good. Thank you for sharing and please share others you have in your treasure chest. What I got so much this time was to really look at my horses more carefully - inch by inch over their whole body.

8 Likes

Thank you for watching and commenting. This link share did not have a photo/thumbnail pop up. It does look like there have been a good number of click throughs.

1 Like

Lateral bending fascial line of the horse. So profound activating the cutaneous trunci, latissimus dorsi, Serratus, abdominal oblique muscles.

5 Likes

Finally got mine after it being lost in the mail!

QH mare that hates ALL touching, especially around hind end, actually lifted her tail and quivered her lip when I was massaging near her tail head. Straight up turned around and looked at me then sniffed the PP when I was working on her low back. :rofl: Still needs very light pressure every where else but she was such a happy horse during and after compared to her normal self!

Going to try it on Dora today, but she’s much easier to please :rofl:

6 Likes