Unlimited access >

Posture Prep = Amazing!

I’ve been using it on a knee that’s wonky with scar tissue and today was the first time I descended stairs without stiffness. It’s also made a difference in my feet, which are more scar tissue than anything else.

9 Likes

This is great! I have remaining edema on my thigh from an injury last year, and am wondering if this might help break it down safely. I wonder if there is a particular technique that might work.

2 Likes

I got the people one for my husband for Christmas. I’ve been using it on both of us. :slight_smile: It makes my head and neck feel better in the moment, but I think they are so tight it might be a while before I see more sustained results.

4 Likes

Flagship Video with Power Point presentation with Posture Prepping, RedFlags, posture before and after photos.

2012 EQUINE WELLNESS SYMPOSIUM AT HASSLER’S DRESSAGE AT RIVEREDGE:

https://vimeo.com/67574069

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve been using the human posture prep for about a month now. Christmas Day was the first day in years that I woke up with no pain in my hip/abdomen. I’ve been able to go a couple of days without using it before I start hurting again. Last night I was able to do cobra and upward dog yoga poses without feeling any kind of pain or pulling in my abdomen and without feeling like I will black out or triggering a migraine. That was huge! I’m finally getting range of motion back that I was starting to believe would never happen.

Now: like an onion, I have a spot above my right knee and a stiff ankle that is starting to be a persistent bother. It kept me up all night because I forgot to take my nightly Ibuprofen. I’m sure that those are related to the dropped arch on that side and I’ll have to start focusing on my foot exercises.

6 Likes

This is SO good. Thank you for sharing and please share others you have in your treasure chest. What I got so much this time was to really look at my horses more carefully - inch by inch over their whole body.

8 Likes

Thank you for watching and commenting. This link share did not have a photo/thumbnail pop up. It does look like there have been a good number of click throughs.

1 Like

Lateral bending fascial line of the horse. So profound activating the cutaneous trunci, latissimus dorsi, Serratus, abdominal oblique muscles.

5 Likes

Finally got mine after it being lost in the mail!

QH mare that hates ALL touching, especially around hind end, actually lifted her tail and quivered her lip when I was massaging near her tail head. Straight up turned around and looked at me then sniffed the PP when I was working on her low back. :rofl: Still needs very light pressure every where else but she was such a happy horse during and after compared to her normal self!

Going to try it on Dora today, but she’s much easier to please :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m back to square one on my gelding. He recently failed out of training. Right before he did so a chiropractor found a lump of tissue that they felt was a problem and would pull when he used himself a certain way. An animal communicator reported anticipation of pain coming from that same spot a few weeks later (no there was nothing to tip off the communicator).

I’m hoping the posture prep will get him back to where he was more quickly and with less bite risk to me than what I was doing before he went to training.

7 Likes

I was using it on my very stoic and curry hating grumpy old man the other day when the farrier came and I stopped before I finished his right hip/hamstring to chat. He actually turned around and backed up to the door with an expression that very clearly stated “hey you with the green thing, you missed a spot!”
Seems like it’s definitely doing something, 100% Toaster approved, lol

10 Likes

Used it on my gelding last night. The only place he would tolerate it was his face/poll/shoulder so that is where I focused on. His release was pretty extreme….bite game then about 10-15 very long, jaw crossing yawns. Drank some water (he uses this as a give me a moment maneuver), and yawned mid-swallow, twice. He’s not really trying to bite me, it’s a pre-release move almost like a cribbing type of response to stress. He’ll bite at other objects and the wall as well.

Afterwards I noticed that the area above his eye where he had cut it to the bone (when he failed out of training) was no longer as puffy. At his last treatment the chiro said she had adjusted his hyoid, and when I looked up the anatomy after the session, it all kind of fits.

ETA: noticeable difference at breakfast time this morning. I caught him “self releasing” a few times while eating breakfast. He’d be eating then he’d stop and stand there blinking and spend a minute licking and chewing and shifting weight before going back to eating. And his energy feels just over all a lot calmer. Now to try it on my mare. I don’t like her facial expressions while she eats.

7 Likes

I’ve used it on my 2.5 year old 3 times now. The first time there was some lip movement, but he does like to be brushed and touched in general. The second and third time, no reaction, really. I also had a hard time finding a place on his body that “needed it” but he’s also 2.5 years old and has a very small workload so isn’t really under strain or partaking in many skillful athletic performances (aside from what he does on his own time). The first time I got a reaction from his hamstrings and shoulder, but the last 2 times checked they felt fine.

I’ll keep it around and will use it again as needed. It’s a cheap enough piece of kit to have, and if it can help the horse or provide them with some comfort, I’m all for it.

3 Likes

If and when you curry your horse the tool and technique are meant to be used daily.

3 Likes

Ah, ok then. I only brush him like 3 times a week. Usually it involves a curry.

2 Likes

Quickly snapped these tonight. You can see what I’m working on. He’s very ouchy but he let me hit the hindquarters briefly. Back and withers was a no go.

Just a couple minutes of gentle scratching in those dimples resulted in this:

8 Likes

Dent and dings are red flags! Wave that red flag! So yesterday when my young horse starter was up on my mustang and I was videoing, I zoomed in with the camera looking for dents and dings. And there are many.

Dr. Pat, can you talk to us about horses in motion and what normal versus strained/tight tissue looks like?

Today’s Posture Prep was our best session ever and he’s enjoying it. This is a guy that when I got him did not want to be touched. He’s come a long way and we still have more peeling the onion to release this gorgeous guy.

I have pictures of him fighting in the wild and then know he went into a home with a stallion and came out of that situation all banged up with scars. And then there’s that long scar right over his hip.

I’ll get pictures of that hip scar AND video up close the next time the rider is here. I think I’m really onto something and thank you Dr. Pat!

4 Likes

Well, that was quick. Today when I used the posture prep on my boy he got really into it. No biting game, just wanting me to hold his nose. He left his dinner to chase me around the stall to beg for more. Still a bit guarded over the back, but now on the left vs the right. He absolutely loves it on his belly, poll, and jaw. And he is starting to seem much less anticipatory that something is going to hurt.

I’m not sure if I mentioned why he failed out of training but essentially he got sore and reactive and then blew up in a buddy sour moment. The other horse got taken off the trailer first, and my horse jumped over the chest bars and got stuck with both legs over. At some point he wound up going over backwards and getting stuck before rolling over and getting up and walking out the same way he walked on.

4 Likes

Your horse reminds me a bit of mine. I’ve long been of the opinion that NQR horses have muscular problems that many vets are unable to sort out. Mine slipped in the field clowning about; his left hip hit the ground but his front end stayed up. His spine took a tremendous torque and he developed an odd way of going. I’ve worked personally w Jim Masterson and Jean Pierre Hourdebaight (paid them to come to my farm) to help him. I do bodywork and bemer every day. Those two combined has really helped him. The posture prep is helpful, as well. One of the things I really like about it is the fact that it is so easy to use. I gave it as gifts to 2 boarders who don’t do bodywork but do use bemer.

3 Likes