I ordered whey concentrate and not whey isolate for mare this week and didn’t realize until this morning. D’oh! I want to get more protein in her and am between:
- CalfManna: she is not in work right now beyond hand walking. This is the cheapest, locally available at TSC, and high in protein. It would be nice if I could put her on this to help her out and switch her to something higher quality when she’s back in work. Is there a reason that I shouldn’t feed it?
- whey isolate: not as cheap as CalfManna but a good option
- Purina SuperSport: what I’m leaning towards for when she’s back in work, but right now I can’t justify $75 for 25lbs when we are just hand walking.
- SmartMuscle Mass: the most expensive, perhaps the most robust nutritionally? Something that I will consider when she’s working again but not at this present moment.
ETA her diet currently consists of the following. She has always had a poor and undermuscled topline in the nearly 1yr I have owned her. She is 3.5 on the dot in just a few days and a little shorter than I like, so I am hopeful that more protein would help her fill out and get a bit taller as she grows!
- 2lbs alfalfa
- 4oz CT+
- 90g SmartTendon
- 3 tablespoons mineral salt
- homemade cookie with spirulina, 2000ie VE, chia seeds, oats, and carrots