PSA**Wear your vest- as well as your helmet- when riding a greenie!

I should have known better, I jumped on my friends green bean without my vest. Thank God my helmet did it’s job.

I suffered a collapsed lung, chest tubes in the ER are the most painful thing ever:o. 4 broken ribs/left posterior 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th and a concussion. At least I’m still alive, just wishing this pain would subside some. I have had other breaks in the past but never ribs, ouch… it hurts!

So sorry to hear this…are you going to be ok? I am riding a retraining project, think I am going to go dig out my Tipp vest, just to be safe. I feel really bad for you…hope you heal quickly!

Yowch! I broke a few two years ago when I blew up my shoulder, and gosh, they do make life hell.

I wear my vest on my packer, every ride, because I never want to feel that again…or at least make it not as severe.

Feel better soon-- take those pain meds, and stay ahead of it!

every ride

I wear my vest every ride.

I was picking berries off my good horse on Tuesday when he stepped sideways and I lost my balance and tumbled to the ground (sorry no video).

The ground was very hard. The piece of protective clothing which saved me the most was my long sleeved shirt. Otherwise I think I would have been quite scraped.

sigh.