PTSD-Combat related injuries-Soldier therapies?

Does anyone here have experience with Equine Based Therapy and soldiers with PTSD and other combat related injuries?

You might want to check w/ Horses Help in Phoenix; they are a therapeutic riding program that works w/ veterans, and i’m sure would be happy to discuss their efforts. They could refer you to others for input also, I would guess

What are you looking for?

There are number of Wounded Warrior programs that use horses as rehabilitation aids. A high quality one in VA is at Secret Passage Ranch, near Front Royal. Google them for more information.

A very good friend of mine is a Public Health Service physician, seconded to the Air Force and running a Head Trauma clinic at a major Air Force Hospital. He’s an interesting fellow as he is a rider and also a former Air Force Pararescue and Securty soldier (sort of like the Air Force’s version of the Green Berets).

G.

My friend runs a therapeutic riding program in Wyoming and I think she has soldiers in her program. I’ll ask. Her program is called C.H.A.P.S. and you can find it on the web.