Unlimited access >

Pull on chore boots

I am seriously in love with my Noble Outfitters Warm Fronts (the high ones). I wear them year round (they do a “cool” model for summer) and in the summer I can pop my bare feet into them to go feed / do chores without discomfort! They’re hands free on and off and totally waterproof.

I even bought my hubby a “matching” pair which he wears regularly.

They also are juuuuust wide enough so my pjs tuck in perfectly on those weekend morning feeds :wink:

1 Like

I ordered a pair of blundstones (factory 2nds so under $80). Meanwhile I threw my old running shoes in the trash (not even decent enough for a thrift store) and have been wearing a pair of hiking boots that I forgot I had. They are nice but lace up and I want something I can be in and out of faster. Hope the blundstones will work out for me. If not I really like the Redbacks.

1 Like

Fake Blundstones !

I have given up with rubber type boots, I barely wear them for a year and they split at the big toe joint and leak profusely.

I second boots from Nobel outfitters. I have the Mudds, and love them. I can wear them literally all day (doing chores, driving horses to a horse show, coaching all day at the horse show, coming home and doing night chores) and they are comfortable for all activities. I will buy buying winter boots from them too!

If Barbie needed work boots (say Ken wasn’t around)- I think she might pick these!

http://www.midwestboots.com/product/JOW-WKL9981.html

Really great info! We just got our own place and wearing rainboots is a hassle. Really tired of lacing up tennis shoes also.

I know! They use to last 3 or 4 years and I loved them. The last 2 pairs I have bought haven’t even lasted a year!

My daughter has the remains of a pair of Justin Ropers that look just like that but with the thicker sole. I have a pair of black and teal. Hers have taken a heck of a lot of abuse since she wore them almost daily working with STB racehorses and she got a good two years out of them with next to no care before the seam across the top of the foot let go. I’ve sadly barely worn mine, so they’re in excellent condition. I’d recommend the ropers based on our experience with them.

I’m in love with the Noble MUDs stay cool boots - very light and more comfortable than the Muck boots!

As an Aussie I have lived in Blundstones and Redbacks. Of the two I prefer the Redbacks. Currently wearing Ariat Terrains though as I have had ankle issues and need a lace up shoe/boot.
I just realised this thread is 5 years old!!! Not sure how it ended up in my current list. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I love my muck boots. I’ve had both pairs for several years each and the first pair sprung a leak after wearing them daily for about 5 years. Enter second pair, still going strong two years later. I wear them for barn work, to go the boarding barn where my sometimes show horse lives, to garden in, feet stay comfortable and dry.

I’ve had several different pairs of Bogs from the above ankle non-insulated to the taller neoprene arctic boots. I love the heel cup, they don’t rub my calves or shins raw, and I can take them off and put them on without bending over. I am in a cool climate, however. I would not wear them above 80 degrees or my feet would roast.

I was just going to add I too LOVE my Redbacks. Just recently was trying to find a rubber pair of something to take the beating that my RBs are taking and just cannot find anything as comfy. AND, yes, how do you put a price on a slip on? Priceless.

I have foot pain - mid foot arthritis and it’s a b*tch. The super rubbery sole on the Redbacks really makes a difference in comfort. I wear men’s too because of bunions - they’re wider.

I also tried men’s Bogs and have a pair of women’s but just don’t like the rubber. And the boots are too loose so my feet move around = discomfort.

I also see what might be a new line - the Blue Tongue safety - described as being lighter in weight? Thinking I’ll check them out.
https://www.redbackboots.com/mens/blue-tongue

ETA: Nevermind on the Blue Tongue - they are made in China. I want the ones made in Australia. Mine are going maybe 10-15 yrs now? Daily use.

I loved my Ariat Terrains for all day comfort, but we bed stalls pretty deep in shavings 6-8" and am constantly getting them in my boots :frowning: Drives me nuts.

I know you mentioned not needing water proof, but I am loving these for my chores. My tall muck boots are harder to get on so I use these so much more!

Planone Short rain boots for… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097D9JSMR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I love a good boot thread but OP asked for recommendations in 2017. I’m sure there have been many boots since then… :smile: