Thanks Simkie, this is helpful.
No advertising has been done. I connected with the breeder several years ago, life got in the way of actually getting a puppy for a couple years. I reached out to let her know we were serious about a pup again and to inquire about 2021 litters to get on a waitlist. She came back that they did have pups now but only for pet-only homes, which we had previously stated is our preference (which is less common for this breed as most want to be able to register with NAVHDA).
She is usually active on social media with litters / updates and there was no mention (first clue) and then in checking dam & sire made the connection that this was clearly accidental.
Bitch is coming 6 and this is her third litter (assuming 2 publicly announced ones are her only priors).
Again - so far I’ve only had ~2 lines of communication just stating pups were available, cost, and parents and that came from her mobile email. I plan to schedule a call to discuss specifics if we move forward but first wanted to explore should I even consider a pup, what I should be aware of if I do actually consider taking a pup, and what additional questions I should be asking in getting more information. The health risks are helpful and I’ll ask for actual test results (right now website pages jsut say “Good” or “Normal” – I’m assuming quant ranges lie behind those)