Unlimited access >

Purchasing a saddle on payments

Does anyone know of any reputable dealers that sell saddles on payments? I know about Trilogy. Anyone else?

I think CWD has some sort of lease program.

County has promotional financing I’m pretty sure.

2 Likes

The Voltaire rep told me last month they now have financing available. I think it is a new program

2 Likes

Ann at Equestrian Imports carries several brands and has financing programs.

1 Like

Schneider’s Saddlery offers a payment program.

1 Like

PLEASE!!! Ask for the financing terms and interest rate before you finance a saddle. Just out of abject curiosity, when this program first came out in late 2019, I asked my CWD rep what the interest rate was for someone with excellent (800+) credit like myself, and it was a flat 21% no matter your credit score. I was genuinely shocked. I could have put it on one of my credit cards and it would have been cheaper! That interest rate is almost predatory.

3 Likes

I’ve never financed one. I do think County has low promotional interest if you qualify. I’m surprised there aren’t more manufacturers doing something like Affirm these days, but of course, that’s a standard interest rate.

2 Likes

Yeah, that wasn’t directed at you, just a general statement. I was just aghast thinking of the people getting taken for a ride by that interest rate.

2 Likes

If you don’t need the saddle immediately, wanted to buy new, and could have the entire amount within 3-4 months, you could look into Custom. For my saddle, I put $1,000 down at the time of ordering and then just needed to have the remaining amount by the time it arrived. I realize that not everyone can do that, though, and it can still be quite a bit of money to come up with in a short period of time. Just an idea. That 21% interest rate with CWD, though…wow. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yup, I have looked into it before for my clients. Totally decided that I did not want to be that person to take advantage of my clients. Now a bigger company maybe to get better rates, but I also saw 20%plus too.

2 Likes

Wow that is awful. I purchased a County, they use Klarna to finance. I got a flat rate - I think 9.99%? but I don’t remember, for 3 years. Totally worth it, especially since I needed a harder to find fit.

1 Like